Mats

a1970man

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
My car should be getting delivered in about a month, but I've noticed that even though it's the Exclusive model, it doesn't come with floor mats. The standard MG ones are around £75.

Are these worth it or are there some after market ones that are just as good.

Also recommendations for a boot mats as well if anyone has purchased one.

Thanks

I believe they have stopped the boot cover unless they have one in stock otherwise look on eBay for after market.

My car should be getting delivered in about a month, but I've noticed that even though it's the Exclusive model, it doesn't come with floor mats. The standard MG ones are around £75.

Thanks
MG do offer a "Protection Pack" that maybe worth a look at ?.
It was on offer at the time for about £129.00 if I remember correctly.
Like everything else, it has increased in price a little now though.
I have this on our car and it has been installed for over two years & 18,000 miles now.
No problems regarding the quality to be fair.

The pack includes the following items :-
  • Front & Rear Fabric Mats (with MG Logo)
  • Front & Rear Mud Guards
  • Rear Loadspace Liner

Are the HS PHEV mats the same as HS mats? I see mats available for the HS but no mention of PHEV.
Here you go !.

MG HS Matt's 2 2022-01-31 at 15.36.57.png

Here you go !.

View attachment 6682

I ordered/ bought MG carpet matts and front mud flaps for my HS PHEV when new. I bought a rubber boot mat shortly after. The mud flaps I think were about £60 fitted, seem substantial and are a godsend this time of year. The carpet mats embroidered with the cars logo look good but I will change them for rubber ones when I find some that are of the quality I’ve had in my previous L.R. Freelanders. The MG rubber boot mat is very flimsy and I hope someone will bring out a better quality one as the cars become more popular.

but I will change them for rubber ones when I find some that are of the quality I’ve had in my previous L.R. Freelanders.
MG do sell the heavy duty rubber floor matts for the HS for the manual transmission model ?.
I would think these would fit in the PHEV okay ????.

HS Rubber matts 2022-01-31 at 16.23.10.png

Thanks all, I have read that the MG carpet mats wear through quite quickly and after market mats are better. I have seen on eBay rubber mats for the HS, just HS not HS PHEV which of course may or may not be an exact fit. The Exclusive is Auto so again no idea if Manual HS mats would fit an HS PHEV Auto.
The link also shows spare wheel sitting nicely in the boot, no chance with a PHEV version.

MG do sell the heavy duty rubber floor matts for the HS for the manual transmission model ?.
I would think these would fit in the PHEV okay ????.

View attachment 6683
The photo looks the same quality as the one that I purchased from MG for my boot. It is very flimsy albeit it serves the purpose of being something that can be wiped down.

Thanks all, I have read that the MG carpet mats wear through quite quickly and after market mats are better. I have seen on eBay rubber mats for the HS, just HS not HS PHEV which of course may or may not be an exact fit. The Exclusive is Auto so again no idea if Manual HS mats would fit an HS PHEV Auto.
The link also shows spare wheel sitting nicely in the boot, no chance with a PHEV version.
I would think that the HS body shell is very similar regarding manual or auto transmission ?.
Can't see the footwell area's being different to be honest ?.
Yep - With a PHEV you have no space for a spare wheel :cry:.
Been there, done that !.

MG do offer a "Protection Pack" that maybe worth a look at ?.
It was on offer at the time for about £129.00 if I remember correctly.
Like everything else, it has increased in price a little now though.
I have this on our car and it has been installed for over two years & 18,000 miles now.
No problems regarding the quality to be fair.

The pack includes the following items :-
  • Front & Rear Fabric Mats (with MG Logo)
  • Front & Rear Mud Guards
  • Rear Loadspace Liner
MG have scaled back their range of accessories and items like the protection pack are no longer available. When we purchased our MG5 LR, we had to take a refund on the protection pack as they couldn't fulfil our order.

The MG website contains a definitive list of accessories for each model, here:

On the topic of mats, I’ve just noticed that the lock pin on my front mat has come off it’s mount and is now nowhere to be found! Is there an easy way to replace the mounting or is it a costly dealership job…?

Thanks
just ordered a set from my mg dealership £64

On the topic of mats, I’ve just noticed that the lock pin on my front mat has come off it’s mount and is now nowhere to be found! Is there an easy way to replace the mounting or is it a costly dealership job…?
Can't be certain about the ZSEV but these clips are normally replaceable and a simple DIY job.

Thanks
we bought some from internet just put mg hs and rubber mats and it comes up with ones that fit

Try ‘carmats.co.uk ‘ . They have a very good reputation for quality, price and delivery plus good customer care for any problems. They have been mentioned and commented about on here before.

Can't be certain about the ZSEV but these clips are normally replaceable and a simple DIY job.
Thanks for this. I‘ve seen replacement units which seem to have a screw thread fixing, so I assume you just unscrew the installed fitting and screw in the replacement.
Something like these:-
4x Floor Mat Fastener Carpet Screw clips plastic screws turn lock oval hole new

we bought some from internet just put mg hs and rubber mats and it comes up with ones that fit
I HAVE JUST ORDERED A SETOF HEAVY DUTY RUBBER ONES OFF EURO PARTS THEY HAVE THE ONE PIECE REAR IN THE SET FOR £15 IL LET YOU KNOW MONDAY IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD THEY LOOK THICK ONES YOU HAVE TO TRIM THEM TO FIT PROB BUT THATS NOT HARD YOU CAN GET SAME FOR £13 BUT THEN THERE IS POST ON TOP

Attachments

• 548776301.jpg
    548776301.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom