Max charge rate achieved on ZS ev lr?

tony powell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I see that my mg ZS EV LR with the 73 kWh battery will charge at 95 kW. What is the fastest anyone has seen?

[ Edit Coulomb: kWh → kW ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Often see 92kW...

Screenshot_20221002_222427_Amazon Photos.jpg

Many thanks, I have only seen 60 kW so far. Will experiment with the Ned Fast one in Oxford in a few weeks.

Many thanks, I have only seen 60 kw so far. Will experiment with the Ned Fast one in Oxford in a few weeks.
That is where I got my 95kW, iirc 10 x 350kW chargers there plus 12 Tesla 250kW and a few others and always seems quiet in the evening, never been past during the day, having said that you don't spend much time charging even if at 10%:)

They are fabulous speeds. N Ireland is lagging well behind. I'm not sure if there are even any 150kw chargers here yet. Its difficult to even come across a 50kW charger. Only upside is our public charging is free. The sooner the infrastructure is improved the better. Public AC chargers are little use to an MG ZS standard range owner with a 7kw built in charger. A 22kW or 11 kW AC charger means nothing. Its effectively a 7kW charger to us. At best 25-27 miles of range in an hour.

Many thanks, I have only seen 60 kW so far. Will experiment with the Ned Fast one in Oxford in a few weeks.

Remember that temperatures also play a role here, so if you are getting into single digit temperatures (Celsius) you might be experiencing the battery charging is throttling to keep from damaging the battery.

An a really cold day, if your battery is really cold and it has not been preheated before sticking it on the fast charger, it will be "really slow" at first, until the charging process naturally pumps a bit of heat into the batteries.

A 22kW or 11 kW AC charger means nothing. Its effectively a 7kW charger to us.
Actually, an 11 kW AC "charger" is probably effectively a 3.6 kW charger to us. Three phases at 16 A each, but we can only use one of the phases. Fortunately, 11 kW "chargers" are fairly rare, presumably because 7 kW (or even 6.6 kW for the Mark 1 ZS) on-board chargers are fairly common, and 3.6 kW is really slow these days.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom