Max Temperature for a 2020 ZS EV

sibrows

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

Anyone had any issues charging their ZS EV in the heat?

Those in the UK have expieranced the hottest day on record, 40C. Having used the charger outside the office the car refused to turn on when I went to drive it at around 2pm.

I’m assuming the 12v system kicked in the ‘Start’ button illuminated and went green but none of the displays switched on. The windows, wipers and running lights all worked. The charging cable wouldn’t release and nothing else appeared to kick in.

Ended up using a hose to spray the battery from underneath after around 10mins the car powered on when I tried.

In the manual I could find the warning about storing the car in temperatures exceeding 45C but I couldn’t see anything about max operating temperature.

Hopefully this is useful to someone else.

There should be no problem powering up at 40 Celsius.
Perhaps the glitch was in the charger?

Thanks both, the for the first time since owning it I've been aware of what I assume is the radiator fan kicking in in the past 48 hours.
There should be no problem powering up at 40 Celsius.
There is a good chance it was above 40C as the car was in direct sunlight and not too far from Heathrow, the first place to top the UK's temperature record.

Thanks both, the for the first time since owning it I've been aware of what I assume is the radiator fan kicking in in the past 48 hours.
Active liquid cooling around the HV pack, used to keep the battery from getting TO hot when charging on a rapid.
Fans will be triggered by a thermal sensor inside the pack.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom