Maybe a white car was a mistake.

Dragonfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Thought a white car might be cooler in the Bulgarian Sun, which may or may not be right. However there is another issue.......
IMG_20230501_153711.jpg

It was coated as part of the package from the dealer, somehow I think "just hose it off" won't be that simple.
Proper ceramic coat or a dealer generic "paint protection" product? Did mine with a ceramic coat and so far nothing sticks to it! Dealer protection stuff, in my experience, is pretty poor.
When it is clean then you need to stick some of these on your car door
aec201633ab305fd31ceeee4073d049c.png

Yes it was dealer "paint protection", it was branded but can't remember the exact one, think there is a sticker in the car if I remember to look. Do you have a recommend ceramic coat to use? I'd be surprised if I find it over here but I can have a look, if not the car might be red by the time I get back to UK :LOL:

Used to get that every Summer in the UK (South East) when I started driving many years ago. Don't see many bugs now, nothing like as "bad" - not a good reflection on the state of the environment :(

Since mine was delivered in late November, I haven't washed mine a single time.

Silver seems to hide the dirt well

Mine is white and I get the same thing .. I got some car spay cleaner from Amazon and microfibre cloth and leave both along with a bottle of tap water in the boot for emergencies when I need it to look good and without dead insects all over the front. And for the occasional bird dropping’s …

Some detailers use a purpose made solution that when sprayed on the bug splat, it is left for a short while before washing, it will soften / help dissolve the bug splat before washing takes place.
There are a number of different companies who sell this product now.
As an example here is only one from Autoglym company.
They post a picture of its use on a white car door mirror which comes as no surprise really !.

IMG_9736.jpeg

IMG_9735.jpeg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom