Message icon on screen

Hells2305

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have the MG4 Trophy and there is an envelope with a red dot in the top right hand corner of my infotainment screen in the car - I can’t figure out how to access it - anyone else had this?

Is that where the status bar is located? I’m not sure, but have you tried swiping down?

Yes across the top - tried swiping down and pressing. Swiping down brings me to another menu but can’t see any access to a message in there

On FB someone said it's a notification from the ismart app showing up about the application updates

Don't know how true it is, and can't find the post now

I have the MG4 Trophy and there is an envelope with a red dot in the top right hand corner of my infotainment screen in the car - I can’t figure out how to access it - anyone else had this?
Yes, it's appeared on mine recently and I can't access it. I went into the user menu and looked for messages but it showed none. There are no messages in the app. So I don't know what the envelope is referring to either!

Yes, it's appeared on mine recently and I can't access it. I went into the user menu and looked for messages but it showed none. There are no messages in the app. So I don't know what the envelope is referring to either!
Are there any messages in the driver screen alert section?

I had the same yesterday a checked for messages in the user menu and there were none.

However, the previous day I had sent travel plans to the car from the ismart app and so had a “new” notification on that tab of the user settings.

Clicking into the tab to view the travel plans cleared the envelope icon.

This morning mine showed the envelope symbol, too.

In the "User" menu I found this message.

GoFrqGz.jpg

GoFrqGz.jpg
So they’re removing a potentially useful feature, under the guise of ‘safety’? Seems like a poor move. You’d think they could implement some tighter security in the key sharing section of the app, like 2FA or something…

Edit - unless maybe they’ve found a link between that and the locking in issue

So they’re removing a potentially useful feature, under the guise of ‘safety’? Seems like a poor move. You’d think they could implement some tighter security in the key sharing section of the app, like 2FA or something…

Edit - unless maybe they’ve found a link between that and the locking in issue
Disappointing indeed - but some others seem to do it similarly.

Tesla has removed the ultrasonic sensors from the rear bumper and wanted to provide parking assistance via the cameras only. But it doesn't work and the feature has been "temporarily" disabled.

GoFrqGz.jpg
There's no further update yet for the iSMART app ... v1.1.10 is still the latest (Android) and the digital key is still available there.

I had the same yesterday a checked for messages in the user menu and there were none.

However, the previous day I had sent travel plans to the car from the ismart app and so had a “new” notification on that tab of the user settings.

Clicking into the tab to view the travel plans cleared the envelope icon.
Ah, mine was similar! I'd sent locations of chargers I might use traveling up to Scotland from the ismart app to the car. Looked in the POI tab and a couple of them hadn't been 'opened/used'. Once I'd opened at them in the car, the envelope icon was cleared.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back