Message on Infotainment Screen

Corindikev

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Some time ago a message envelope appeared at the top right of the Infotainment screen (next to the signal strength indicator) with a red dot in it. The envelope appears closed and I assume it means the message has not been read. The thing is I have not been able to find out how to access the message. I thought it could be an iSmart message but I checked and there are none. I logged in when in the car and selected messages and it also said there were none.

Beats me. Any ideas?

I checked and there is no travel plan present in the Satnav. I sent one from iSmart & it appeared. I deleted it but the message with the red dot is still there. Why I don't know but at least I know what is supposed to happen now.

Same for me. This icon is there because I received a sale message on the ismart app. Deleted the message on the app but this icon is still there.
In the '' user'' menu, there is something to read messages (not related to phone) but there is' no data to fetch'. What a crappy infotainment system.
I have an mg zs, but I guess the system suffer from the same things.

Last edited:
That's the only thing I could think of as well. When I originally set up iSmart I got a couple of messages and deleted them in the App but the car must have received a notification that the messages were there however I had already deleted them so the User screen says there are none. Just poor software design.

I had a similar red dot envelope appear. I'm not quite sure how my son cleared it as I was driving at the time, but it seems that one of the places I had put in the sat nav had a blue dot by it and when my son touched that, the message icon at the top of the screen cleared. It may have been in the POI section, but I'm not sure. It was definitely somewhere in the sat nav! Sorry not to be more helpful!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back