MG 0% finance deal

SiW80

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Got a quote for a Trophy Long Range in stock from a cancelled order, but the prices on the quote are different from those listed in the finance example on the MG website.

Does the website price include delivery and registration?

Just wondering where the difference comes from.

Also the quote is for 10k miles but the website is 8k miles.

The milage will be what makes the prices different.
Trophy should be the same price as on the website, or cheaper if it's a cancelled order and the dealer wants to get rid of it.

After that it's all in the hands of the PCP gods.

Milage, deposit, and predicted GFV will then tell you what the monthly payments are, and the balloon payment after the 2yr interest free ends.

In your example, 8k->10k should bring the GFV down, which means more will need to be borrowed, and make the monthly slightly more expensive?

The final payment is the same as the website but not knowing if MG include delivery and registration fee in their numbers it’s hard to tell.

It’s only £5 more per month than the website and the car has metallic paint option (black).

Overall the numbers are only couple of hundred out but would like to know for my own comfort.

Car still has protective pads and delivery sticker on it so it hasn’t been there long, but it’s a phase 1.

Wife wants it now rather than wait 12 weeks for a new phase 2 and deal with her current ailing car in the meantime.

All prices on the website quotes and from the dealer should be "On the road" unless you are going down a lease/business route, and then check what they offer.
The website will however be quoting the price increased phase 2 cars.

If standard customer 2yr 0% pcp, then they should all be like for like apart from the mileage and options.

If the final payment is the same, then the finance is increased by about £120 over the 2 years... the paint is closer to a £550 - so a saving.

P1 vs P2 personal thoughts
Bigger wheels - meh, look ok and fill the arch better, but more expensive tyres and possible harsher ride.
Rear wiper - have used already in a week since collection, so useful
Centre head rest - obstructs the rear view, would rather not have it
One Pedal mode - doubt i'll use it, so nothing missed.

Paint is £454 + VAT.

What was the phase 1 vs phase 2 cost difference?

It’s listed as new but is a phase 1 even thought it’s only been recently delivered.

They are showing a £345 + VAT discount so wonder if I should push for more. Or hold out for a phase 2, but the wife is happy with it and wants it sooner than having to wait (and would have service and mot the current car).

Although the car is already at the dealer been told they still need to charge for delivery.

I'd go for more discount (delivery cost, old spec, contribution to home charger, etc) and if she is happy with the P1 test drive then there isn't a lot of difference.
And as you say, it saves a round of MOT and Servicing

Checked the documents again and they have priced it as a phase 2.

What is the normal price difference between a phase 1 and 2? £415 discount doesn’t feel like the price difference but would be good to know 👍

I don't think there is an official difference in P1 and P2 pricing, apart from the price hike at the start of the year but P1 were being sold at that price, until they morphed into P2

There are a good few phase 1 cars on autotrader showing as having a good few grand off

I don't think there is an official difference in P1 and P2 pricing, apart from the price hike at the start of the year but P1 were being sold at that price, until they morphed into P2
Indeed - the dealer said as much.

There are a good few phase 1 cars on autotrader showing as having a good few grand off
Yeah - even another dealer in the same group (Glynn Hopkin) had the same car for £30k but my dealer wouldn’t budget as it hadn’t been registered.

If I hadn’t read this forum last night I would just signed the forms for the phase 1 and been very annoyed to find out about the phase 2 once I had picked it up!

Besides, I have £60 of fuel invested in the current car I need to use up first before I px it.

Go for a joyride! That's what I did the night before they picked up my GTi, although I only just managed to get it below the 50% mark. (I had filled it thinking I would have to wait for an MG4 on order, but then discovered my dealer had one that could be supplied immediately.)

I was going to do the DIY hosepipe and sucking method to transfer the fuel to my other car but knowing my luck I would get a mouthful of diesel!

I was going to do the DIY hosepipe and sucking method to transfer the fuel to my other car but knowing my luck I would get a mouthful of diesel!
You'd only get a mouthful of fumes. Most ICE cars now have anti-syphoning baffles in the filler pipe which is why the thieves now drill a hole in the bottom of the tank.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 85 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back