MG 5 charging in France

billdunstew

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have recently bought an MG 5 Long Range, and am planning to take it to France next month. I have seen conflicting reports about the need to take a cable with a Type 3c connector. Looking at Chargemap most charging points seem to be Type 2, but there is little information about motorway service areas. Does anyone have recent experience of driving down the A28/A10? A separate query - is there a way to change the units in the dash readout from Centigrade to Fahrenheit, I can visualise 72F but 25C means nothing to me.

Using the search button at the top right and typing in 'France' comes up with

Also look out for the threads about charging at the tunnel which are also in the search results.
There have been several threads re charging in France.

I have recently bought an MG 5 Long Range, and am planning to take it to France next month. I have seen conflicting reports about the need to take a cable with a Type 3c connector. Looking at Chargemap most charging points seem to be Type 2, but there is little information about motorway service areas. Does anyone have recent experience of driving down the A28/A10? A separate query - is there a way to change the units in the dash readout from Centigrade to Fahrenheit, I can visualise 72F but 25C means nothing to me.
EU standard is Type 2. Can we move on now please?

Thanks for the info, as a novice I was relying on the latest info from Chargemap, which I have just downloaded. It says "In France you will need another cable with a Type 3c plug." It seems that there is a continuing change to EU standards, but not yet complete, most of the sites on Chargemap show Type 2, but there are others that use 3c. I was really asking about autoroute service station charging, rather than making a small detour to find LeClerc or Intermarche.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom