Mg 5 issues

I understand that, but that would be the same for any car, be it tinted windows or a towbar unless factory fitted of course.

Its something I will take on board with the insurance though. I've also tinted my windows and not informed them, probably lost all my bargain tools for this years renewal.

As for the mounting of the towbar, I've removed the rear cross member, like you do for most towbar installations and installed the towbar into the existing channels using the existing holes that are on the MG and no where does mg say you can't mount a towbar.

I guess you could argue the tow bars not tested for this car, but as you are all aware, carrying a bike on an mg is extremely difficult, I don't have roof bars so I'm left with no other options. So I am happy with the chance.

Hi
Just inform the insurance
I’ve found out over the years with all the mods I do to my cars that it seems to cost more in admin fees than the extra it does on your policy
So just to be on the safe side let them know half of the operators on the other end don’t know much about cars anyway
I’ve just done a quick quote test on compare the market
£317 without tow bar
£310 with tow bar
Same company for both quotes 🤔
Strange
Hope it helps
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Hi
Just inform the insurance
I’ve found out over the years with all the mods I do to my cars that it seems to cost more in admin fees than the extra it does on your policy
So just to be on the safe side let them know half of the operators on the other end don’t know much about cars anyway
I’ve just done a quick quote test on compare the market
£317 without tow bar
£310 with tow bar
Same company for both quotes 🤔
Strange
Hope it helps
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Haha.... That's good to know 😂😂

Thanks for the info 👍

Haha.... That's good to know 😂😂

Thanks for the info 👍
Hi
Just a question about removing rear bumper is it just simply remove the screws in the wheel arches and the two under the bumper then unclip the bumper from either side or are there any hidden screws
Cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

IMG_20220304_114039.jpg

So there is 2 screws in the wheel arch, 1 at the top of the arch retaining the bumper, 2 underneath the wheel arch (each side) the 2 plastic ones in the middle underneath then there is 1 each side hidden behind the plastic over on the lights as pictured

Last edited:
View attachment 9270
So there is 2 screws in the wheel arch, 1 at the top of the arch retaining the bumper, 2 underneath the wheel arch (each side) the 2 plastic ones in the middle underneath then there is 1 each side hidden behind the plastic over on the lights as pictured
Then give a gentle tug each side of the bumper and work your way in. Have a flat head screw driver handy to un do the parking sensor plugs as their a little tricky to unplug

Then give a gentle tug each side of the bumper and work your way in. Have a flat head screw driver handy to un do the parking sensor plugs as their a little tricky to unplug
Hi
I thought there might be a couple of hidden ones just like on the front bumper
Cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Haven't had to tackle the front yet touch wood. Is your profile pic with the fog lights why you too the front off? Looks awesome.
Hi
Thanks
Yes that’s the reason the front bumper had to come off
I thought the front was just crying out for them
I still haven’t made my mind up yet where to wire them from I’m leaning more to the high beam I think 🤔
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom