MG app MG4

Mr H

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I got the app working on the first attempt this morning -5 but was air con only so wasn't sufficient to defrost the windscreen after 10 min then the app stopped working. And this app needs to be the same as the ZS version where you can have the defrost windscreen option. Plus when you select heated seats you need to select the passenger option for the drivers side.

Couldn't get the charge flap open at -4, tried some warm water and eventually opened. Plugged in, couldn't charge. App continually erroring (after multiple force closes, clear cache etc). Had to sit in car to defrost and then charge flap wouldn't close. Late for appointment (sigh). Hair dryer on charge flap mechanism, eventually closed. App connects about 1 in 10 goes at the moment. Don't you just love the MG4 (sigh again). While the Tropy concept is perfect for me, drives great, good range etc, my patience is wearing thin, must keep the faith!

I got the app working on the first attempt this morning -5 but was air con only so wasn't sufficient to defrost the windscreen after 10 min then the app stopped working. And this app needs to be the same as the ZS version where you can have the defrost windscreen option. Plus when you select heated seats you need to select the passenger option for the drivers side.
I agree it would be good to have the option to defrost the windscreen, that seems to be a real oversight unfortunately. I find putting the temperature up to 25 degrees via the app clears the car pretty well in the 10 minutes allowed even in very cold weather.

Turn it up. Today it was -3°C outside - using the preheat at 28°C the windscreen was clear of thick ice in two minutes. I could literally watch it melting away from my kitchen window. Very impressive.

Although it has to be said that we get a heat pump in the German models.

This is very coincidental. We have been using the app for a couple of weeks and no issues until today. Would not connect to the car but it put the heating on even though it could not connect. Displayed a warning triangle on screen. While it was in its ten minute timer I could not wake the screens up or drive it. If you press the HVAC banner tab thing on the right when it is on its 10 min timer you can put the heated seats on. Certainly lots of bugs in this car at the minute.

This is very coincidental. We have been using the app for a couple of weeks and no issues until today. Would not connect to the car but it put the heating on even though it could not connect. Displayed a warning triangle on screen. While it was in its ten minute timer I could not wake the screens up or drive it. If you press the HVAC banner tab thing on the right when it is on its 10 min timer you can put the heated seats on. Certainly lots of bugs in this car at the minute.

Also had the app refuse to connect this morning (in the -7C temps), despite working fine on virtually every other occasion during the past couple of weeks.
Intention was to try and warm the car up a bit before use (if only to make the doors easier to open), but even a manual lock/unlock of the car (along with multiple restarts of the app) wouldn't fix it.
Only after about 20min of use of the car did the app eventually connect (and go on to complain about the tyre pressures being too low, due to the cold!).

Turn it up. Today it was -3°C outside - using the preheat at 28°C the windscreen was clear of thick ice in two minutes. I could literally watch it melting away from my kitchen window. Very impressive.

Although it has to be said that we get a heat pump in the German models.
You’ll find that from cold start up it’s not the heat pump that does the work - it will be resistor heating still until later.

We'd ordered a Corsa before switching to a 4 because of delays. The flack and issues the Vauxhall (and Peugeot) apps get is far worse than the MG.
Today was the first time mine wouldn't connect - looks like there was an issue.

Lots of reports on FaceAche about iSmart not connecting this morning meaning people could not pre-heat their cars. Maybe the servers were overloaded because it was a cold working day?

I had the same issue with the app not connecting properly (no scan possible). I have had no issues previously. I had to open the car then briefly sit in the drivers seat to turn on the heating. Despite it being -4.0c the car screens defrosted quickly.

if we have all had this connection issue at the same time, in theory it could all be sorted out just as fast 🤞

Loving the car but i have plenty of issues, which when sorted will only make me love it more.

I agree it would be good to have the option to defrost the windscreen, that seems to be a real oversight unfortunately. I find putting the temperature up to 25 degrees via the app clears the car pretty well in the 10 minutes allowed even in very cold weather.
How do you adjust the temperature via the app? All I have on mine is on/off 😞

We'd ordered a Corsa before switching to a 4 because of delays. The flack and issues the Vauxhall (and Peugeot) apps get is far worse than the MG.
Today was the first time mine wouldn't connect - looks like there was an issue.
I have a corsa and yes the app is total rubbish mostly doesn't connect so given up using it ,have a blue trophy on order so will join the fun and games soon hopefully:)

Defo sounds like a server issue

I have a corsa and yes the app is total rubbish mostly doesn't connect so given up using it ,have a blue trophy on order so will join the fun and games soon hopefully:)
That makes two of us exceept ours is red! The vauxhall service manager asked us what we thought of the Corsa app and seemed put out that we thought it was rubbish, it made me wonder if he had actually used it.

Once you've turned it on, press on the HVAC text and it'll allow you to adjust the temperature.
I just can't see it. Nowhere does it say HVAC 😞

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-17-19-37-32-091_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-17-19-37-32-091_com.saicmotor.iov.europe.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 120

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%