MG App

DON

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but app works fine when I'm at home,as soon as I'm away from my house the app say unable to get vehicles GPS ? any ideas

OK so you can connect to the car via the app when away from home correct? Only you are not seeing car gps data? Is that the only function not working?

Another thing to try. If it works at home OK turn your phone wifi connection off. Nothing changed location or car wise just your type of connection at home. Now what?

Last edited:
Hi all not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but app works fine when I'm at home,as soon as I'm away from my house the app say unable to get vehicles GPS ? any ideas
My app often says unable to get GPS when my phone is using mobile data. It seems to work better when I'm connected through WiFi at home. When it doesn't get GPS, I find that if I run the vehicle status 'scan' and then return to the main screen, the location of the car gets picked up.

I honestly don't see what difference wifi or data makes to the car connection. You are merely connecting to the Internet via data and everything forward of there is the same. Try WiFi at home then switch it off on your phone and then try data.

That may reveal that somehow the app and data partnership is squiffy like some other MG4 software...

I honestly don't see what difference wifi or data makes to the car connection. You are merely connecting to the Internet via data and everything forward of there is the same. Try WiFi at home then switch it off on your phone and then try data.

That may reveal that somehow the app and data partnership is squiffy like some other MG4 software...
I don't see what difference it should make either, but it seems to. I'd already tried on wifi and then on data while at home before I posted my previous comment and it worked every time on wifi and very rarely on data. I tried lots of times! But as I said, if I ran the vehicle status while on data, the GPS position was picked up.

I find it very intermittent in my new MG ZS. I've park down the road in a good reception area and sometimes the app connects to the car and sometime not.
Quite infuriating.

No wonder the blowers don't deal with fogging very well when it thinks it's a sauna in there.

Ambient temp now 8°c
Exterior read 8°c 👍
Interior read 21°c 🤔 (no sun, and it is genuinely cold in there)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-112419_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20221119-112419_MG iSMART.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 87
No wonder the blowers don't deal with fogging very well when it thinks it's a sauna in there.

Ambient temp now 8°c
Exterior read 8°c 👍
Interior read 21°c 🤔 (no sun, and it is genuinely cold in there)
I do think the internal temperature sensor reads well above what it actually is, I think this also then causes the issue of having to set the climate much higher than necessary to get heat into the cabin.

I do think the internal temperature sensor reads well above what it actually is, I think this also then causes the issue of having to set the climate much higher than necessary to get heat into the cabin.
I suspect there are issues with cabin temp sensors. I have reported fault to my dealer that I have to have my heating set at 26 degrees on cold days, anything less and it is bloody freezing. With temp set to 26 and after a 45 minute journey, if I check the thermometer I have in the car it'll show 20 to 21 degrees

I suspect there are issues with cabin temp sensors. I have reported fault to my dealer that I have to have my heating set at 26 degrees on cold days, anything less and it is bloody freezing. With temp set to 26 and after a 45 minute journey, if I check the thermometer I have in the car it'll show 20 to 21 degrees
Thats the same as mine. My car at dealers getting some fixes done and software updates. Just checked app and car is locked and not been worked on over weekend so App saying Int and Ext both on 12C. Looks fine.

My app just updated itself:

Range defaulted back to Km
Overheating error message now shows
Interior temp still way off at 9c above actual

Just a thought but if we have to crank the AC up just to fool it into working, then it will be effectively overworking until the sensor mistakenly tells it to stop again. This probably explains why I only got 2.6 miles/kw on my school run with a/c on 24c, versus my usually consistent readings of 4.2 miles/kw.

I find it very intermittent in my new MG ZS. I've park down the road in a good reception area and sometimes the app connects to the car and sometime not.
Quite infuriating.
When you first open the App, just try running the “Vehicle Status” scan first, before requesting any commands, like automatic preheating requests.
Some times I find I have to run the health check twice, before requesting any actions.

My app just updated itself:

Range defaulted back to Km
Overheating error message now shows
Interior temp still way off at 9c above actual

Just a thought but if we have to crank the AC up just to fool it into working, then it will be effectively overworking until the sensor mistakenly tells it to stop again. This probably explains why I only got 2.6 miles/kw on my school run with a/c on 24c, versus my usually consistent readings of 4.2 miles/kw.
I have the same overheating message too . I regret uploading the App . I hope they will rectify it soon with a new update ...

Left mine to soak overnight 15 hours (5pm to 8am) Not charging nothing switched on

Showing Exterior 5c
Interior 9c

Would expect them to be with 1c of each other really now so think there is a 3 or 4c variance on mine

IMG_5485.PNG

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel