MG EHS charging time more then 4.5 hours

Hage52

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
My MG EHS takes like 6-7 hours to charge on a 3.7kwh charging unit it should be 4.5 hours, any idea what the problem is why it takes so long.

I take this from empty which is correct as it has only has a 3kw on board charger.

16.6 / 3 is still 5.5 hours if it is 16.6 / 3.7 it should be like 4.5 hours. it is sometimes from 0 more then 7 hours.

If on the granny charger from 0 to 100 % take 6 to 7 hours. If on a 7kw wall supply 4.5 to 5 hours depending on weather and if it does a balance, there is no set time

The MG EHS cannot charge on 7kwh it can only charge at 3,7kwh but in the specs Mg say's that it only takes 4.5 hours to charge from zero. i am charging it at 3,7 kwh on a charging station, but still most of the time it is about 6-7 hours...

specs MG EHS PLUG-IN HYBRIDE: The 3.7 kW on-board charger allows the battery to be fully charged at a public (AC) charging point in around 4.5 hours.

That’s correct on a 7kw with a type two plug but will only charge at 3.7 kw and if it delivers the 3.7kw but I have see some only deliver 2.5kw even they where 7kw or more, if the charge station has a read out out check how much charge it is delivering to the car and if lower the 3.7kw it will take longer then the 4.7 hours in the spec.

HS PHEV (EHS) can only be charge at a maximum of 3.6kW due to the onboard charger. Regardless if you are using a 7kW or 22kW charger, it will still be only at 3.6kW. The car has a 16.6kWh battery but usable of only 13-14kWh. On my home 7kW charger, don’t forget it can only charge at 3.6kW, it takes a tad over 4hrs to charge from 0%. Again don’t forget the charge slows down as the battery gets fuller.

So are you saying that my type 2 7kw wall charger wont charge the MG phev at 7kw?
people think the wall box is a charger which it is not, it supplies power at 7kw and is a monitor of what is happening. The charger is in the car and your car will charge at 7kw per hour as your on board is rated higher than our on board charger As your car is a full electric car.

So are you saying that my type 2 7kw wall charger wont charge the MG phev at 7kw?
Now I understand your question, as you are thinking of go to the HS PHEV then your wall box will only charge at the 3.7kw and I take it you charge overnight at the present so charge your HS overnight as you do now.

Still my question is not answered, why it takes so long to charge, on a public charger which can charge at 22kw it wil ofcours charge at 3,7 kw but it still takes more then the 4.5 which MG says on the specs.

Still my question is not answered, why it takes so long to charge, on a public charger which can charge at 22kw it wil ofcours charge at 3,7 kw but it still takes more then the 4.5 which MG says on the specs.
As I said before even it is say it’s 22kw charger is there a screen telling what KW in actually going into your car. Do not take the specifications in the manual as gospel as there are a few things that can make the car take a bit longer. Have a read of the user manual on home charging or charging in general and it will tell you in there it take longer than in the specifications.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom