MG EV4 Finally!!!! Got car play to work!

Tara Jane

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
It only took 5 months, 26 data cables, 1 new phone ( none of which worked! ) then finding a post on here that said to buy the ANKER data cable!
Booom! 💥💥💥💥 instant satisfaction! It works a dream!
Not even the original apple iPhone cable works!
Seriously, don’t even bother with loads of other cables, the ANKER one definitely works!

These Anker cables are the best IMHO. I paid a lot for mine and its perfect.

It only took 5 months, 26 data cables, 1 new phone ( none of which worked! ) then finding a post on here that said to buy the ANKER data cable!
Seriously, don’t even bother with loads of other cables, the ANKER one definitely works!
Could you provide a link to the cable please 🙏.

sorry peeps - links not working for me - probably some edge glitch.. but be good to test - incase this resolves my connection 'issues' ...

Also - re the distance from the USB A port to the tray - would a 1ft cable do it ?

Last edited:
As long as you feed it in through the left hand tray slot - should do. I think others have used a shorter cable.

As long as you feed it in through the left hand tray slot - should do. I think others have used a shorter cable.
1702914279577.png
- From Tara - Think 3 is longer than 1 ... Where as you mention shorter :ROFLMAO: :coffee: ??

sorry peeps - links not working for me - probably some edge glitch.. but be good to test - incase this resolves my connection 'issues' ...

Also - re the distance from the USB A port to the tray - would a 1ft cable do it ?
Sure 1ft is fine, it doesn’t even need to reach the tray, it can just stay down there since the big screen will be working.

Thanks @Tara Jane & @Joanne the Hairdresser - My Anker cable arrived ...

Guess what - Car-Play now works - Consistently ...

I also can confirm the 1ft USB A to Lightening port cable works fine - thread it up through on the left side - just Plug phone in from that side once car has started - Car-Play kicks in :cool:(y)(y):coffee::coffee:

So pleased you found a cable that worked. I went through the same frustration, trying different cables. I found the cable below which worked perfectly every time. It's twice the price of yours but is coiled and flexible. There is still a ritual with having to start the car, plug in the phone and unlock it but at least CarPlay starts up and keeps a stable connection.
dé [Apple MFi Certified & CarPlay Compatible] Coiled Lightning Cable 3ft, Retractable USB to Lightning Cable 0.9m, for iPhone 14 Pro Max/14 Pro/14/13

I love Anker stuff, always works! I had a nightmare getting USB A to C cables that worked between my iPhone or iPad mini and a drone controller, it turns out that a lot of them are charge only and some limited data capabilities, I needed 4K live video.
I have 5 cables that don’t work including Apple Original and some that cost €40+
I also have 2 that work brilliantly-1 by Anker, and 1 from a Pound store that cost €1.50 😂

Trial and error seems to be the only way to find what works

Thank you so much for this post. I've been frustrated for six months, but now I'm up and running - and it cost just £7 👍

Strange, as several Anker cables (I agree, the brand is excellent) wouldn't work. I bought a £15 Apple cable - which works 100% of the time. :unsure:

You have to Start the System first, but then it works just fine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom