MG have 8 weeks to fix the xpower vibrations. If not i move to second gear.

I previously worked in an engineering firm , and had to refurbish a prop shaft from a large tipper truck. This weighed around 70 kg and had a small 10 gram metal balancing piece tack welded to it. Not knowing any better I ground this off, and got a right bollocking. The boss said he would have to pay for it to be re-balanced. If this is so important on a waggon then surely the same principle applies to driveshafts on cars, you would expect the machining process to naturally balance it out, but it would only need a slight deviation to set up a resonance vibration . This would happen at certain revolutions which may differ for individual shafts.
My old Volvo had massive hard rubber bushing/blocks on the front drive shafts, probably for changing the eigenfrequency and damping some vibration

• In short, something important happened in the modification of X-power vehicles on 15 october 2023.
What though? 🤔 And why can't they just fit whatever they've done to the newer X Power's, to the older X Power's. Doesn't sound like rocket science to me. Sounds simple's. 🙄🤨

The other upshot of this is that MG have known about this issue since October 23, they have just let us customers dangle, seemingly doing nothing to fix our pre Oct 23 X Powers.
Maybe the fix cannot be retro fixed, it can only be achieved at build so that's why they are not saying/doing anything because if we all reject our pre Oct 23 vehicles, it's going to be very costly.
There needs to be a statement to say it's fixable or unfortunately not for pre Oct 23 models...then a plan from MG to what they are going to do with our pre Oct 23 models.

So what do we want to do?

Email the dealer with this new info, tell them that the car is not fit for purpose, quote our Consumer Rights? Tell them that we will be taking advice from CAB?

I thought about a new FB page and everyone tagging MG but they won't allow page tagging.

Or we just storm MG on FB and add our X Power woes on every advert?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320_155931_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240320_155931_Facebook.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 76
I'm getting pretty angry, MG gotta move on this one. As its a lease contemplating getting them to chase it up, however i suspect thats been fruitless for others ? If it was a two year lease, I'd maybe live with it.

Looks like someones kicked off a petition Sign the Petition

Last edited by a moderator:
I did bombard the MG UK Facebook page last weekend about the vibration and hum on the X Power and that they have been very slow in dealing with it.

They gave me this in appreciation🤣

It just shows, MG UK don't read the comments

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240328_153012_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240328_153012_Facebook.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 56
Yep, bet they are shitting themselves. 🙄
problem is people aint buying them because of the issues so its kinda a why bother with it ..

not to mention the people that are thinking its just normal ..

If im honest and 100% honest without these forums or knowing about the issue i probably would have just thought nothing of it and just put it down as a quirk in the car..

My 2012 volvo s60 T6 drives great rides great but has the odd rattle and bang as it should for a car of its age but compare the difference between the volvo and the MG X power the MG has got over 10 years more tech and quality improvements in it ..

As i said before for every owners sake they fix both cars already bought and new cars and move to increase the market for them they have a real chance at competing in the EV market by offering cheaper quality cars they just need to prove it !!

Last edited:
problem is people aint buying them because of the issues so its kinda a why bother with it ..

The depreciation on them (here in the UK) is also another reason not to buy a new one.

Just had my quick WBAC price updated today 😣😒...

"Your MG MOTOR UK valuation is £19,440" ... jeez 😲😲 (car is six months old). Thank goodness the PCP guaranteed future value is more !!

The depreciation on them (here in the UK) is also another reason not to buy a new one.

Just had my quick WBAC price updated today 😣😒...

"Your MG MOTOR UK valuation is £19,440" ... jeez 😲😲 (car is six months old). Thank goodness the PCP guaranteed future value is more !!
Thats why I decided to lease again, even that is now being quoted as a lot less than what Im currently paying. When I leased the EV6 back in 2022, the list price was £41k then it jumped quickly to £44k. I found the car online at a dealer and it was listed at £30k, so presume a px value would have been £25k. Large deprecation on EV’s is being reported.

Thats why I decided to lease again, even that is now being quoted as a lot less than what Im currently paying. When I leased the EV6 back in 2022, the list price was £41k then it jumped quickly to £44k. I found the car online at a dealer and it was listed at £30k, so presume a px value would have been £25k. Large Normalised deprecation on EV’s is being reported.
Fixed that for you. ;)
EV depreciation is now just normalised vs ICE depreciation, rather than prices being artificially boosted due the the parts shortages (hence new vehicles shortage) after effect from COVID. :)

Fixed that for you. ;)
EV depreciation is now just normalised vs ICE depreciation, rather than prices being artificially boosted due the the parts shortages (hence new vehicles shortage) after effect from COVID. :)
True. Totally different situation now than post covid. I ordered an Audi A3 Dec 2020, delivered April 2021, then sold it back to dealer in Nov 2021 for a lot more than I paid for it. Paid off pcp and put healthy amount in bank!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom