MG HS PHEV Alarm goes off when I lock the car and walk away

filogab

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hello everyone,
I just rented a MG HS and since yesterday the anti theft alarm goes off everytime about 20s after I have locked the car and walked away.

What could be the reason?

It's driving me nuts since it's super loud and I don't want to bother the entire street at night time.

Please help me figure it out. Thanks!

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1334.png
    IMG_1334.png
    947.9 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1333.png
    IMG_1333.png
    640.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1332.png
    IMG_1332.png
    949.4 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0
Hope this helps.
Thank you!

I tried again by making sure the car is properly closed. It seems that the anti-theft alarm goes off only once I walk 20m away from the car.

Later I'm going to try to lock the car by using the lock button on the door handle, not by the key fob.

I'm afraid there is some sort of interference between the car and keys.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,
I just rented a MG HS and since yesterday the anti theft alarm goes off everytime about 20s after I have locked the car and walked away.

What could be the reason?

It's driving me nuts since it's super loud and I don't want to bother the entire street at night time.

Please help me figure it out. Thanks!
Today I hired an MG HS from Europcar - exactly the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

Upvote 0
Today I hired an MG HS from Europcar - exactly the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?
The MG5 does the same if an OBD dongle is trying to pull data from the car when it’s locked, maybe the rental company has a similar device connected, removing it solves the problem.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom