MG HS PHEV Charging Issues

My car has an issue with the lock for the charging cable plug. Sometimes, when I connect it, it makes repeated "clicking" or "rattling noises" every minute or so after switching on the supply. When this happens, the battery only charges for a few minutes, which is obviously fairly useless. This is with the Granny Charger supplied.
Could this be your issue?
The extremely helpful dealer here in Malta has ordered a new lock for me which they will fit at the end of September when it arrives. They will need the car for two days to change this lock.

My car has an issue with the lock for the charging cable plug. Sometimes, when I connect it, it makes repeated "clicking" or "rattling noises" every minute or so after switching on the supply. When this happens, the battery only charges for a few minutes, which is obviously fairly useless. This is with the Granny Charger supplied.
Could this be your issue?
The extremely helpful dealer here in Malta has ordered a new lock for me which they will fit at the end of September when it arrives. They will need the car for two days to change this lock.
It appears that the problem could be one or more of a number of issues. Hopefully a new Wallbox and car built in charger will solve the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have the the same issue on my HS. The 17h thing and no charging on cables.

I've tried to find something on this elsewhere in the forum, but without success.

I got a new MG HS PHEV back in March and it has been running with almost (the exception being gear change lag in EV mode at around 50 mph) no issues.

Yesterday it went to the dealers for it 6 weeks check and since then have had serious issues with charging (well not charging).

When I got home, I plugged it in to the wall charger and left it for a few hours. When I came back to, the battery was only about 80% charged.

I've since failed to get the car charging with the wall charger/cable combo. Everything shows as connected, status lights correct - just no charge being drawn. The estimated time remaining shows '17h 00m'. I've even driven to a public charge point to see if that worked, with no success.

I tried the granny charger briefly and that appeared to work. However, it only does so for five minutes or so at a time, and then stops drawing any charge..

Any ideas? I realise I'll likely have to phone the dealer on Monday, but would like to avoid handing over the car for an extended period!

Thanks!
How did you fix the issue in the end ? I have the exact same problem! :) :(

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom