MrHoward

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi, Newbie here,
I've also put this thread on the MG HS Forum but was hoping I might get some answers or solutions on this site as I believe the touchscreens are the same?? (Hope this is OK with admin)
I bought a new MG HS phev back in Dec. From Stoneacre Hyde. and its already been back twice for "software problems" :unsure:
It has now developed another fault where the touchscreen has gone blank.
The camera works in reverse showing the screen is still operative but I have no Radio, Sat Nav or Climate control as well as being unable to enter into the settings option. .
Whilst driving the MG sign comes on the screen as if it is booting up then just goes off.
I've tried disconnecting the battery but to no avail...
After the technician downloaded some data and sent it off to MG UK they came back with some kind of weird explanation that it is a fault with the radio and the car could be off the road for up to 2 weeks until the problem is solved .:mad::mad:
Has anyone else had this problem with the touchscreen ??
Surely it cannot take 2 weeks to sort the problem out...??
Any Ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks. (y)(y)

Had a slightly similar issue with mine, but it went away after putting into reverse and back to drive. I was able to select things on the screen "blind" as it were when the screen was blank - problem started after the screen switched to camera mode on a left turn... Stayed blank (but "blind" functioning) until after reverse and then back to drive... not done it again since...

I have the same problem, the car is from april. And have tried anything I Can Think off, bit its still not working, the MG logo comes on, and it feboots again and again.
Amy ideers what I Can try?
BR
Steffen

Any ideas that I can try?
Disconnect the auxiliary battery for a while (10 minutes is often mentioned, I can't imagine it having to take that long), and reconnect.

Also check the voltage of the auxiliary battery, and perhaps charge it with an external charger. Bad or under-charged auxiliary battery can cause all sorts of issues, though I'd expect you to be seeing other problems if that was the case.

You may possibly have corrupted infotainment firmware (the ICE ECU, also known as FICM). This might be the one that you can update yourself, though it likely requires a working screen to do the update :oops: But the part you can update yourself might only pertain to the maps, and a very few other things.

It's possible that it's the fuse for the infotainment computer. I believe that there is a separate fuse for the ICE/FICM ECU as for the display itself. That might explain seeing the MG logo (if the display can show the logo on its own), but you see nothing after that (where the computer should take over). So that would be worth checking; see the manual for which of the many fuses to check.

Last edited:
Sorry, not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread, but last Friday MG have released a software update for the infotainment unit.
BUT - it is only for the ZS EV model right now.
They are also working on a fix for the MG5 and will work over to the PHEV in due course.
This makes sense, because the ZS EV owners have been suffering the longest from the info unit randomly crashing !.

Sorry, not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread, but last Friday MG have released a software update for the infotainment unit.
They are also working on a fix for the MG5 and will work over to the PHEV in due course.
This makes sense, because the ZS EV owners have been suffering the longest from the info unit randomly crashing !.
Wow good news, where did that come from and what does it fix, just the rebooting or anything else ?
edit, just seen the podcast.

Last edited:
Is this on Naviextras or is it a dealer update ?

Is this on Naviextras or is it a dealer update ?
Dealer update via a service bulletin, it was released last Friday is my understanding !.
Miles Roberts announced it last night on the MG ZS EV Pod Cast.
It is uploaded via a USB stick, but is very likely to require the MG computer to complete the install correctly.
Your dealer SHOULD be aware of its release.
It is very recent, only last Friday though !.
You could be well be telling them something they are not even aware of yet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom