MG HS Trophy PHEV Top Speed on Battery only in UK

Scifly

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Can anyone please confirm if I can drive at over 30mph using EV mode only . Eg. I would want to drive up to 50 mph in EV mode only and no ICE.
Thank you

Can anyone please confirm if I can drive at over 30mph using EV mode only . Eg. I would want to drive up to 50 mph in EV mode only and no ICE.
Thank you
You can do 75-80 mph in EV only mode in the summer. I'm not sure about this time of year though as the ICE may cut in sooner.

I dont think the weather makes a difference to the top speed. I have had no issues going up to 75-80 in EV only mode as long as the battery has charge. It is more efficient to drive on ICE at that speed though from what I know.

You can do 75-80 mph in EV only mode in the summer. I'm not sure about this time of year though as the ICE may cut in sooner.
Thanks for the input. The reason for the question was because the dealer told me that it would automatically kick into ICE over 30mph and I didnt think he was correct.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. The reason for the question was because the dealer told me that it would automatically kick into ICE over 30mph and I didnt think he was correct.
I think he might be referring to auto mode (for which this is true) rather than EV only mode.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom