MG Hub Home Charger

kiwired

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I have ordered an MG4 in NZ and have been looking to install a home charger, wondering what home units people have purchased and
if anyone has purchased the MG Hub unit and if so has it worked well.

I have ordered an MG4 in NZ and have been looking to install a home charger, wondering what home units people have purchased and
Have a look see first if there’s already a thread asking this before you get pelters mate 👍

As most of the members on here are UK based it would be difficult for us to recommend a particular brand or model.
You need to decide if you want or have solar panels and or home batteries to be integrated with the EV charger.
Have a look at the app reviews and how easy it is to set charging schedules.
Have a walk around your neighbourhood and see what other people have.

In the UK as I understand it there appear to be 3 main ways of charging and appropriate chargers:
1. Some have solar panels and home batteries (or parts thereof) where they are feeding in and out of the grid so have a whole efficient set up (cheaper, flexible etc).
2, Ohme (charger) and Octopus (Elec provider) have a set up where you plug your car in set how much charge you want and Octopus will charge the car through out the night as it sees fit and v cheap rates (up to 7,5p per KWh).
3. MG recommend Pod Point (charger), we were already with EDF (Elec supplier) - The Pod Point is set to restrict powering the car to the cheaper times set by EDF and you use the MG App to align with these times and charge level (8p KWh - 34+ during day).
Of course you can dangle a cable out the window.

Most home chargers will work fine - the key question is do you need advanced features like battery/solar support or not?

Zappis are well known for giving lots of options but are not the cheapest.

Even basic chargers will let you set a schedule and control via an app.

Are there any incentives in NV for home charging? Does your electricity provider offer any deals?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back