Mg in the top 10👍👍

Just found an interesting bit from Norway.
The ZS ev sales last year was increased with a whooping 123900% ( yes, it is supposed to be a whole number!) form the 2019 sales of the car. A quite impressive growth.

( That said, 2019 sales was 3.....)

Just found an interesting bit from Norway.
The ZS ev sales last year was increased with a whooping 123900% ( yes, it is supposed to be a whole number!) form the 2019 sales of the car. A quite impressive growth.

( That said, 2019 sales was 3.....)
It might be they only sold 1 the year before...🙃🤣😂

I love the MG badge - think it looks great. Like the tailgate opening badge too.
Definitely stolen from the VAG parts bin !.
It’s a VW Golf item for sure.
The badge has been switched out for the MG logo and the shape has been slightly changed.
But having owned 4 previous Golf’s - it the same system for sure !.
There are a lot of similar items that have been snatched from the VAG parts bin.
No bad thing that in my book !.
The circular fresh air vents are straight out of an Audi A1.
The steering wheel has come straight from the Golf parts bin also.

The badge has been switched out for the MG logo and the shape has been slightly changed.
There are a lot of similar items that have been snatched from the VAG parts bin.
Maybe because of the joint venture between Volkswagen Group and SAIC Motor.

It never ceases to amaze me what people throw in the bin. :unsure: 😆

Well for those of us that are "older" in years gone by before Layland, BMC etc that amalgamated many older brands there was a company called Wolseley who's little badge on the grill did light up. If you find an old Wolseley now its worth quite a bit. I had a Wolseley Hornet (an upmarket mini) that was really nice car.
Here's one, but not mine 😞 Oh. and if I remember correctly you could have a AA or RAC grill badge that also illuminated up.
Me too! And the MG badge stood for Morris Garages

I love the MG badge - think it looks great. Like the tailgate opening badge too.
I wish they'd have put the reversing camera under the badge like VW does. Would mean it was always clean and ready to use.
But seeing as they don't even give us any form of LED lighting, I'm guessing it's out of the budget!

That MG badge is decades old and they have fitted it proudly on the grill .i would like it to be on when driving at night .think it would look cool.
That's why it was sold to the Chinese for $105m back in 2004 (when I was an engineer with Rover Group). I stayed with Land Rover and ended up in JLR. It is a great badge with a great heritage though! And I suspect without that badge sales would not be so buoyant (in the UK at least).

Hillman Imp rocked !
Thank goodness there wasn't such a thing as a Drivers' Forum back in the day of the Hillman Imp - my goodness that would be busy!!
Oh, and it's upmarket sibling - the Californian!!
1611832154531.png
1611832154531.png

I still remember the factory in Linwood, Scotland. Forgot about the California...looks a bit poor !

My first ever car was a blue Hillman Imp NGH284D, usual blowing head gasket. Amazing how you can remember the details of your first :)

In my youth, my mate had one and decided to diy a head gasket change but he mixed all the shims up in the bucket tappets when he took them out of the head to get it skimmed, we didn't even know they were different thicknesses back then :LOL:
A manager where I worked had the Californian and before he took it to the dealers for a service, he used to go round marking all the spark plugs and wheel nuts etc. with paint to make sure the garage had removed them.

When my mum passed her test, her first car was an Imp in that lovely beige colour they did so well 🤨. Apparently I was quite fond of using the back window instead of the doors 🤣.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom