MG4EVLawyer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Sorry to post this question again. I may have posted in the wrong area before. However, I’m finding that I cannot any longer create a Travel plan and send it to the car. I used to be able to do this. The car is bound, but when I go to search a destination - post code or address, I just get a random list, nine of which are any use . What am I doing wrong please? Most grateful.

Are you trying to create a travel plan in the iSmart app and send it to the car?
When you search for a destination with a postcode or an address is that also in the iSmart app on in the car?

Ian. Thanks for the reply. The problem I have is with the Phone App when I would wish to send it to the car. If I search and set a destination in the car, using the infotainment screen, it works fine. Peter

I find it impossible to enter anything in the search field of the app as it gives me choices of destinations with each typing of a letter and not allowing me to enter full address or postcode. Very buggy.

Phew! It’s not just me then. That’s exactly what happens. Looks like their latest App version has ruining this feature which was, I thought pretty useful. Let’s hope they fix it in the next release 🙏🤞

Ian. Thanks for the reply. The problem I have is with the Phone App when I would wish to send it to the car. If I search and set a destination in the car, using the infotainment screen, it works fine. Peter
You can send a destination to the car but not a route, it appears in User as a point of interest. The car will then work out the route.

You can send a destination to the car but not a route, it appears in User as a point of interest. The car will then work out the route.
Its almost impossible to enter the destination in the search bar in the app. Each letter entered creates a destination so you have to keep going back to the search bar and enter the next letter and takes forever. Too buggy.

Its almost impossible to enter the destination in the search bar in the app. Each letter entered creates a destination so you have to keep going back to the search bar and enter the next letter and takes forever. Too buggy.
I agree this seems to be the case. It’s not possible to set your own required destination. For example one of our sons lives in a road called Balmoral Way. If I manage to get that typed in that along with the house number and the town all that appears is a list of odd addresses and businesses who may be in a road with the same name. The actual address does not appear. Aaarrgh😖

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back