MG Ismart app update to V1.0.7 / 1.1.6 (merged)

hmadsen

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi

I see that the app has been updated. [ Edit Coulomb: to V1.0.7 Apple and 1.1.6 Android ]

For reasons most in here probably know i can not test what changes and improvements have been made, as i can not connect to the car, and also the car is not mine anymore, it belongs to the insurance company, so i now ask the panel.

Has anyone updated the app, and if yes, is there any difference, compared to the previous version ?

They state that the app has gotten :

1. Bug-fixes and enhancements
2. Performance improvements

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a quick look, can’t immediately see any difference. I plugged the car in with the granny charger earlier this morning and it seems to be charging, according to the indicator on the grille, and the initial screen on the app. When I click on that screen however to get more detail, e.g. the time the charge will finish, it tells me that the charger isn’t fully plugged in. Just checked and it seems fine, and the first screen on the app appears to show it charging, and the range has certainly increased.
Maybe the “upgrade” has introduced another bug? 😂

Just had a quick look, can’t immediately see any difference. I plugged the car in with the granny charger earlier this morning and it seems to be charging, according to the indicator on the grille, and the initial screen on the app. When I click on that screen however to get more detail, e.g. the time the charge will finish, it tells me that the charger isn’t fully plugged in. Just checked and it seems fine, and the first screen on the app appears to show it charging, and the range has certainly increased.
Maybe the “upgrade” has introduced another bug? 😂
I found the "The car will be fully charged at time XX:XX" to be really inaccurate in the old version as well.

If it said "Finished at 15:30" in reality it would be finished, maybe 16:15, but if i refreshed after 15:30 it would always say that it would be finished at the current time, so when the minute ticked over and i refreshed, the finish time would also be showing 1 minute later than before.

I sure hope they have the "More than one user can be logged in, at the same time" feature ready for when i get my replacement ZS EV on August 7 next year.

The end time for a charge schedule can now be correctly set. That's the only bug fix I care about.

Update to my earlier post, when one part of the app said it was charging and another screen said not. Just stopped the charge from the car, unplugged and reinstalled the charger and restarted, did the same with the app and all now seems ok. Just a glitch. If, like me, you e spent many years working with computers and software, you expect these things. Don’t think I’ve ever come across any software involving more than a few lines of code that doesn’t have some bugs somewhere. Certainly not any that I’ve written! 😊

I think someone reported that the windows open/closed status had been removed in the update, it was unreliable.

I think someone reported that the windows open/closed status had been removed in the update, it was unreliable.
From memory, this was already removed in the previous update. I seem to remember going from 15 scan points to 11, and i have not had the new version connected to the car as i dont have it anymore.

Just seen an update today V1.0.7
Nothing new still 11 items scanned vehicle status “but” was able to register my mobile number now after countless attempts for the past 3 months.

Attachments

• EE35E108-2FF7-4EA7-A6DF-135C354E5AFC.jpeg
    EE35E108-2FF7-4EA7-A6DF-135C354E5AFC.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 112
Oh yes tried that normally as my 1st attempt then I try other methods
I almost think that there is a block from the three network
There could be a block on Three for the text sending server. I've had that before with O2.

Email signup should work though. It's either/or, you can't sign up with email AND phone number, as whichever you register becomes the username.

Email work on the 6th attempt ish I was just trying to add phone number to have a full house not that worried as car has not turned up yet anyway 🤣😩

Charged my car today and front page of app shows charge increasing, but when I select battery information it shows "Charging gun not properly plugged in", and the finish time doesn't show anymore. The car still charged fine, but very odd to see this information on the app.

Hello MG EVers,

The iSmart app has been updated from v1.0.6 to v1.0.7 which, according to the Apple iPhone App Store promises:

1. Bug fixes and enhancements
2. Performance improvements. 👍

Attachments

• BC8C0F42-6215-4BA4-89D8-CBBD271E3792.png
    BC8C0F42-6215-4BA4-89D8-CBBD271E3792.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
Same one as this one I think, although the version isn't in the title:

[ Edit moderator: The two threads have been merged now. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello MG EVers,

The iSmart app has been updated from v1.0.6 to v1.0.7 which, according to the Apple iPhone App Store promises:

1. Bug fixes and enhancements
2. Performance improvements. 👍
Yeah - I received the update ( IPhone 12 ) this morning, they have not reinstated the electric window status.
Still only reporting the 11 items on the list.
Looks like the electric window status has gone, to never return 🤣.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom