MG ISMART App

Tosh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good afternoon

Reply I received from MG help desk regarding the ISMART app MG EV and others

We are aware of a fault with the app at this time.
It has been reported to the app provider and we are hoping for a quick resolution within the next few weeks (delayed due to holiday season).

I am truly sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience caused in the meantime and thank you for your patience whilst a resolution is found.

Please do not reply to this email, this will be resolved through the app store.

Yours faithfully

Is the issue with loging in? Tried to login to account today on the app and the login button remains faded blue despite entering email and password so not even allowing me to even attempt a login.

Is the issue with loging in? Tried to login to account today on the app and the login button remains faded blue despite entering email and password so not even allowing me to even attempt a login.
Have you agreed to the Terms and conditions under the login button?
There is a separate thread mentioning this.

Thanks @Grriff .
Below is the extensive thread on the new App.

Good afternoon

It has been reported to the app provider and we are hoping for a quick resolution within the next few weeks (delayed due to holiday season).

I am truly sorry for any disappointment and inconvenience caused in the meantime and thank you for your patience whilst a resolution is found.

Yours faithfully
No problem, good to know MG are aware of the problem, but I do feel it’s not important to them, to be fair really pleased with the car’s performance even though the battery range been reduced by 30%

Doesn't give me the option. I've loaded the android version onto an android work phone I have rather than my personal iPhone and that does have the tag at the bottom to agree to the terms etc, for some reason it's not there on my iphone? Will check out the other thread. Thanks

after many days of frustration with this app will wait until the new year, I’m a iPhone user but you have to ask it all worked before the upgrade, sod it getting the gin out

Good afternoon

Yours faithfully
Thanks for the update 🫡

“The app provider”

Not a great look that, is it?

“Yes we farmed out the app the annoying customers wanted to a 3rd party so we didn’t have to care about it”

New ISMART update to day unfortunately has no affect still unable to log on, same message log on successful on then iPhone app asking to bind again. I have deleted my account created new account with new email address, has made no difference still unable to connect to car

Thank you I have tried this but it won’t reconcile my password to the mobile, also I have to chose the switch account icon on the car to display the barcode to bind the phone, I have had so many attempts now I think the whole process is corrupt. To be fair it was all working fine before the first upgrade, I will get over the Christmas holidays and then present the car back to the dealership to unbind the car App, if that is possible. Come on MG sort this out and stop Blaming the third party contractors. !!!

Thank you for sharing, I updated the app and now it’s telling me to bind the car again but it already is bound and I can’t unbind it to rebind it! 😂 Frustrating but hopefully another update will fix things 🤞

I think I have a little bug on my android version, when I am plugged into my BG 'smart' charger the MG Smart app (if you can call it that) doesn't like to communicate so I cant get an update via the app whilst plugged in. I have tried with the Ohme charger and I can access the app so its probably something to do with the 'smart' BG chargers talking to the smart car and the smart app......... personally I think all these items would be far better if we were the ones to decide what in fact was smart, not some 20 year old gen z wanting to earn more money than sense declaring his 'thing' was smart!.......

Thank you for sharing, I updated the app and now it’s telling me to bind the car again but it already is bound and I can’t unbind it to rebind it! 😂 Frustrating but hopefully another update will fix things 🤞
Logged in this morning using my mobile number and it’s working…🥳

The ismart app for My MG ZS EV was working fine until the app update 20th December and hasn't worked since. I phoned my MG main dealer but they were no help.
When you spend £30k on a car you would expect MG to resolve the problem fast.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom