MG ISMART App

This is the second reply email regarding the ISMART app not working from MG Head office, all rather patronising , unprofessional and not at all helpful, from Garry Smart MG head office email address gary.smart@mg,co.uk

And
Dear Clive

Please visit the app store again, and look for updates to the app. It might be worth uninstalling the app on your phone and then download the new version again.

You should then be able to log in with your original details (user/password, etc.

Kind regards

I followed Gary smarts recommendation to uninstall the app and reinstall it with exactly the same result.
What I cant understand is Mg sent Tosh an email stating:-

"We are aware of a fault with the app at this time.
It has been reported to the app provider and we are hoping for a quick resolution within the next few weeks (delayed due to holiday season)."

Then responds "uninstall the app and reinstall it"

At least Tosh got a reply I have contacted them a few times with no response

Story so far with MG
Gary, if the password is incorrect can I change it via the ISmart App as I have created a new password and email address trying to bind with the car over the last four weeks.
Will I get notification when the car has been unbinded ? Not sure when to attempt to bind with the car again , don’t want to cock-up the rebind procedure
Thanks Clive Millard

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Jan 2024, at 12:14, Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:
Good afternoon Clive,

I have responded back to email with you CC’d in.

Verifying the unbind has been requested and actioned.

Please remove and re-install the app to ensure the latest version is installed.

Thank you
Nimo

MG Customer Service
Aftersales

We updated the iPhone OS (this might not be necessary) then logged in with phone number (email login is causing the issue it seems). Works fine now.

MG Services Garry Smart has been a great help in sorting out the ISMART App on my MG ZS Trophy, finally he organised my car to be Unbinded . All is now working apart from the smart key entry from the mobile, I can live with that. It’s been a very frustrating 4 weeks.

As I have posted previously, although the latest version of the App ( 2.0.2 ) works with some regard from my Apple IPhone 14.
It refuses to offer any local EV charging stations.
The only single offering, is a charger that is over 5,000 miles away from my home address.
So, today I thought I would try signing out of the App completely.
Then deleted the App and powered down the phone.
Restarted the phone and then installed the App again from the Istore.
Opened the App and signed in with my phone number ( as normal ) and password.
App came to life okay.
I was hoping that this would have given visibility to the local EV charging points.
NO - It still refuses to display any EV charging sites.
Also, now it refuses to display any local MG dealers etc.
Claims there is no data available !!!.
Only the local petrol stations which is of no use what so ever !.
So, deleting the App and reinstalling again has made matters even worse.
I have now less features than I had previously.
Had none of the problems with the old App.
Will have to wait until another update is released and hopefully that will help the situation, but I am not that confident TBH.
I had considered this, because there has been a number of updates released in such a short space of time, is it possible that there is some remaining items of the software still installed that could be causing a conflict ??.
This may account why the problem I have has deteriorated when I removed the App and reinstalled it ?????.
I value your opinions folks.

Last edited:
All functions work on the App now the car has been unbinded by MG, apart from the map functions, identifies charging stations in China and the rest of the functions no data message, I’m ok with that part of the app as I use Waze for navigation and charging stations.

All functions work on the App now the car has been unbinded by MG, apart from the map functions, identifies charging stations in China and the rest of the functions no data message, I’m ok with that part of the app as I use Waze for navigation and charging stations.
Same !.
Thanks for responding 👍.
Maybe a glitch then ????.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom