• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG iSmart app

Ditto here ... Moto G8 Plus (Android 10) but I'm only able to register the app using an email address; tried many times to add my phone number but I never get the activation message.

I have an iPhone 14 pro, registered as well using the email. Updating my profile to add my mobile number but no code sent to my mobile
I've finally figured it out.
I went in to the system settings on the car and reset to factory condition, once it restarted the QR scanned and bound to the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone!
I hope this might be the place to ask questions regarding the use of the iSmart app. Currently I'm using it with a MG ZS EV, and soon also with a MG 4.

Besides the fact that the app has clear potential for improvement, does anyone know if it currently can;
1. Set the car to be pre-heated inside the cabin for a specific time?
2. Set the battery to be pre-heated for a specific time?
3. Are Q1 and Q2 depended on the charging cable being plugged in?

We live in Sweden which is kind of cold and wet during the winter, and we work different times different days of the week, so it would be great if a function would exist that would allow us to set a "ready time" approx. 10 hours in beforehand... and not as a fixed schedule.

Best regards
Andrew

As I understand it the iSmart app is not covered under MG warranty either, which is weird. It’s considered 3rd party by MG.

iSMART app showed me an alert just now to update it (to v1.1.10)

No obvious visual changes, but the SMS validation to allow me to add my mobile number worked straight away! 😲

I got my MG4 yesterday and everything apart from the iSmart app is working.
I've downloaded the app on my phone and when i try to bind it to the car by scanning the QR code it fails to scan!!
At first the app was not even accessing my phone camera and i had to go to the app permissions to allow it access.
When i use my phones camera to scan the QR code its scans without any issues so this is definitely an issue with the MG app and not my phone
Hello, where is the QR code on the car to bind it with my phone app please ?

Hi, has anyone been in contact with the developers or is there any way to reach out to MG iSMART APP developers and provide feedback?

App is far from good and could use many more options; such as starting the pre-heating battery from the app, heating/cooling function longer than 10 minutes, scheduling heating/cooling, etc..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom