MG iSmart App

Michel

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just picked up my new LR ZS EV a few days ago. Love the car. Such an improvement over my previous MK 1 version.However, I cannot get the navigation to work in the MG iSmart app.. if I press Travel within the app, I seem to only be able to get some place in Germany. It does not seem to be able to locate me. Although, it seems to know where my car is parked. Anyone else had the same issue ?

Just picked up my new LR ZS EV a few days ago. Love the car. Such an improvement over my previous MK 1 version.However, I cannot get the navigation to work in the MG iSmart app.. if I press Travel within the app, I seem to only be able to get some place in Germany. It does not seem to be able to locate me. Although, it seems to know where my car is parked. Anyone else had the same issue ?
Assuming you are using an iPhone, is it possible that you do not have ‘Location Services’ enabled?

Check under ‘Settings’ ‘Privacy’ ‘Location Services’ then scroll down to ‘MG iSmart’ you then have the following screen, select either ‘While Using App’ or ‘Always’ depending on your personal appetite for privacy.

Attachments

• EB4E8A17-A0DF-43AA-89D2-E5394615175E.png
    EB4E8A17-A0DF-43AA-89D2-E5394615175E.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 93
Thanks I did check the location settings but still the same. I'm using a Redmi phone using Android. I don't have the option of location all of the time. Just location while using the app. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm assuming yours works ok using an iPhone 😁

Thought it was worth a crack. Yes, this works on the iPhone. Well more accurately, on my iPhone 😀

I have noticed that the MG software whether vehicle or otherwise does not exhibit the same quality as the German marques I am used to but I am not prepared to spend what is almost double the capital outlay on new this new EV technology.

Since binding iSmart with the car last Friday (iOS version), it has never connected with the car. It just says it’s unable to get vehicle’s GPS. The nav app shows that the GPS in the car is working. Location services for the app is set to Always, but no joy. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and rescanned the QR code, but nothing. Car’s 4G signal is showing all bars.

Since binding iSmart with the car last Friday (iOS version), it has never connected with the car. It just says it’s unable to get vehicle’s GPS. The nav app shows that the GPS in the car is working. Location services for the app is set to Always, but no joy. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and rescanned the QR code, but nothing. Car’s 4G signal is showing all bars.
Just as a matter of interest, when you say that the car's 4G signal is showing, is that the 4G signal of your iPhone connected to the car or is there a way to see the signal strength of the multi network eSim in the car itself?

The Travel aspect of the app should be able to identify where the car is located using the car's 4g the same way Find My Car works, so I don't believe it has anything to do with your phone's GPS access. Why this problem hasn't been addressed in the last 6 months is beyond me.

Just as a matter of interest, when you say that the car's 4G signal is showing, is that the 4G signal of your iPhone connected to the car or is there a way to see the signal strength of the multi network eSim in the car itself?
It's the multi-network eSIM in the car (a Trophy Connect LR). It was visible before I even connected my phone to the car

The Travel aspect of the app should be able to identify where the car is located using the car's 4g the same way Find My Car works, so I don't believe it has anything to do with your phone's GPS access. Why this problem hasn't been addressed in the last 6 months is beyond me.
That's the weird thing. The Travel section shows the car located on the map (in the correct place!).

So, after having the car a week and a day, the app suddenly decided to wake up after travelling to Manchester. Go figure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just to chip in I’m having a 4g issue in another thread with my Amazon Music.
From what I understand it is the data limit on my 4g. HOWEVER

I can:
use the DAB radio
use the sat nav
use the ISMART app fully
locate my car in the app

I cannot:
access the weather

Hope this helps people diagnose what the 4g sim actually uses / doesn’t use.

I have a 22 ZS EV LR Trophy Connect.

Just to chip in I’m having a 4g issue in another thread with my Amazon Music.
From what I understand it is the data limit on my 4g. HOWEVER

I can:
use the DAB radio
use the sat nav
use the ISMART app fully
locate my car in the app

I cannot:
access the weather

Hope this helps people diagnose what the 4g sim actually uses / doesn’t use.

I have a 22 ZS EV LR Trophy Connect.
There is a 1GB datacap on the "simcard" in the radio, but it would be unfathomable if there was not an exception for data from the Amazon music server as otherwise that function would be well and truly unusable.

There is a 1GB datacap on the "simcard" in the radio, but it would be unfathomable if there was not an exception for data from the Amazon music server as otherwise that function would be well and truly unusable.
That’s what I’m going through…I’m pretty sure it does apply to Amazon Music based on my tests.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom