MG Ismart is available

Nico las

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

MG ISmart is available on play store.

Server is actually down (register not working).

Is coming for few days...

Hi all,

I understand that UK and Europe version of the car does not have the HW to communicate with the server. So even if the App and server were live our car cannot connect to them.

If this App is a recent update on playstore then it could be in preparation for the launch of MG Marvel R in Europe which I believe will come with the iSmart system.

I understand that UK and Europe version of the car does not have the HW to communicate with the server. So even if the App and server were live our car cannot connect to them.

If this App is a recent update on playstore then it could be in preparation for the launch of MG Marvel R in Europe which I believe will come with the iSmart system.

So, here you have the link in case you want to explore more.

If my experience with ZS EV stays as good as it has been, I might consider upgrading to Marvel-R in a few years time if it hits the UK shores.

So, here you have the link in case you want to explore more.

If my experience with ZS EV stays as good as it has been, I might consider upgrading to Marvel-R in a few years time if it hits the UK shores.
Have a listen to yesterday’s podcast. There was some interesting discussion on the Marvel-R.

I downloaded the app but couldn't get it to work. Thanks all for explaining why.
Having seen the advert for the Marvel R, I, like LeoRBK, would deffo consider upgrading in 3 yrs time. That's the reason I've got my MG5 on a PCP. I will be happy to see what else MG have to offer in 3yrs.

Where would I find the QR code on my MG5 please
AS discussed in this thread, Only the new MG ZS EV and Marvel-R can use the i-smart app.

Edit: that's a lie. only those 2 cars can use the i-smart app in the uk, in other country's the ismart app is available for other models.

Last edited:
Hi, ok thank you, as mine is the new MG5 71 plate with the emergency button in roof which has built in SIM card as called without being connected to my phone I thought it had the upgrade to do this

Hi, ok thank you, as mine is the new MG5 71 plate with the emergency button in roof which has built in SIM card as called without being connected to my phone I thought it had the upgrade to do this
Although it has the SOS button, I believe the car is still has some hardware missing at is needed to support the use of the i-smart App.

You would think so, I expect this is a totally separate system that only caters for emergency phone calls and GPS.

AS discussed in this thread, Only the new MG ZS EV and Marvel-R can use the i-smart app.

Edit: that's a lie. only those 2 cars can use the i-smart app in the uk, in other country's the ismart app is available for other models.
Agreed, I am in Thailand and the iSMART app is available and working on my ZS 1.5 Auto, also voice commands ( in Thai ) language to control sunroof, air con and drivers window.
The app allows some checking ( doors locked, tyre pressures etc ) and remote start + air con which is great here.
Overall, I would say the remote start + air con/heater is about the only good advantage, the rest is hype.

Hi all,

The 2019-2021 ZS EV in Europe doesn't have the iSmart hardware. The 2022 Facelift Long Range and yet to be launched ZS will have the hardware, but I believe you need the Trophy Connect which has additional hardware for the full experience. Neither the SE or the Trophy can be upgraded to Connect as the hardware is factory fitted not dealer fitted option.

The 2019-2021 ZS EV in Europe doesn't have the iSmart hardware. The 2022 Facelift Long Range and yet to be launched ZS will have the hardware, but I believe you need the Trophy Connect which has additional hardware for the full experience. Neither the SE or the Trophy can be upgraded to Connect as the hardware is factory fitted not dealer fitted option.
Is there anyway that the hardware, etc could be retro fitted to older versions?

The hardware might be possible but you might need new head unit possible wiring loom and conpleatly new software which mg will not do so for so few that would want that. so it will never happen

Is there anyway that the hardware, etc could be retro fitted to older versions?
No is the short answer and apparently, the delays in UK shipments of facelift vehicles is in part due to the high percentage of UK orders for the top-spec Trophy with the top-level connectivity because of the chip shortage required for the additional hardware so No you won't be able to upgrade to the Plus even with the facelift ZS

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom