MG iSmart lower your expectations

Can you not get it to repeat for every day in the week then ?.
Yes it would repeat itself. But you can't set specific days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-222703.png
    Screenshot_20220119-222703.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 129
Yes it would repeat itself. But you can't set specific days.
Its not a major issue this. the charging timer included is a lot better than in most evs including everything made by stelantis. it is a bit surprising that donkeys after the leaf was released manufacturers cant seem to implement a similar 7 day timer.

Its not a major issue this. the charging timer included is a lot better than in most evs including everything made by stelantis. it is a bit surprising that donkeys after the leaf was released manufacturers cant seem to implement a similar 7 day timer.
Coming from the Zoe it does seem short sighted.
Whilst I'd only need 4 hours every night, on Octopus Go, I can see cases where someone might want to have nightly charges and then a big/balance charge on say a Sunday.

What I'll miss more though is not being able to schedule pre-conditioning.

Coming from the Zoe it does seem short sighted.
Whilst I'd only need 4 hours every night, on Octopus Go, I can see cases where someone might want to have nightly charges and then a big/balance charge on say a Sunday.

What I'll miss more though is not being able to schedule pre-conditioning.
You are right in your point, climate timers would be useful too. Back when i was travelling to the office I had climate control come on at 645am every weekday morning, and again at 5pm when I finished work. I felt so smug to step into a warm car and not have to scrape a speck of ice. Didn't even have to think about it.

going backwards in the wrong places.

it is a bit surprising that donkeys after the leaf was released manufacturers cant seem to implement a similar 7 day timer
My previous VW PHEV had seven day charging schedule in the head unit.
It’s not really a problem to be honest.
Just to say, I have my 5 year old dumb Rolec wall box that can be fitted with a Shelly 1 Wi-Fi device, it has the facility to switch on and off the device in scales of seconds or you can set up a weekly schedule over seven day period !.
All this for less than £20 and with a free to download App !.

My previous VW PHEV had seven day charging schedule in the head unit.
It’s not really a problem to be honest.
Just to say, I have my 5 year old dumb Rolec wall box that can be fitted with a Shelly 1 Wi-Fi device, it has the facility to switch on and off the device in scales of seconds or you can set up a weekly schedule over seven day period !.
All this for less than £20 and with a free to download App !.
not applicable for granny cable though. also still not a solution for preheating.

Having had Nissan connect for the last 5 years I think this will be a step up. To be honest I have a fair idea of battery staus without the need of an app and I never needed one in the past 50 years to tell me my cars windows are closed and the doors are locked. The only use I would get is pre heating the cabin which is very touch and go on the Leaf app.

not applicable for granny cable though. also still not a solution for preheating.
Did any one have issues binding the car tried for over a hour and did not receive any codes to bind app so still trying to bind phone to car took ages to get app working and did in areas with good signal strength.
Any tips please

Did any one have issues binding the car tried for over a hour and did not receive any codes to bind app so still trying to bind phone to car took ages to get app working and did in areas with good signal strength.
Any tips please
Did you drop the zero from your phone number due to the +44?
Do you see the QR code?

Similar experience here. At home, my phone has a good signal (on EE), but the car seems to have a poor signal. Often takes over a minute to connect - in fact I've increased my phone's display timeout to 2 minutes just to allow for the iSmart app's slow response.

I get erroneous data too. Often the sunroof is shown as open (when it's most definitely closed). Sometimes the internal and/or external temperature data are missing (often both). Sometimes the battery percentage is shown but not the range - sometimes the other way around.

But it was much more responsive when parked at Ikea, Reading today. My phone had a poor signal, but it seemed the car had a good signal. It appears to work much better that way round. Overall, it's usable, but frustratingly slow and error prone.
The sun roof being open is same issue I get. It freaked me out the first time!

To try and get the app to respond quicker I tend to go back to the home screen and then enter the sub menu - Remote control.

When turning on the AC or window fan it does take a while to connect and comfirm. Then some times not confirm and I wonder if it is heating the car.

To work out if it is or not, I either use my door cam to see the rear lights on, or I go into my charger app to see if the car is drawing charge from the charger.

I've added the home wifi to the car, not sure if that helps make it respond quicker, it's still slow.
Workable and useful. But in no way enjoyable to use.

Has anyone tried scheduled charging or even normal charging with iSmart app? It lets us set the start and end times for the scheduled charging but I hace been trying since a few days and it did not work.When I tried to start it manually hitting start charging button it always came back as Failed to start. I had to go back to the ohme app to start charging then. I use the andriod version of the iSmart app. Any seen issues as me on android or even the iOS app???

I haven't used the scheduled charging, but I have used the app to lower the total charge or increase it to 100% without issues. It is a bit of a pain as you have to move the slider up then wait for it to send. It often takes so long you don't think it's done it.

I haven't used the scheduled charging, but I have used the app to lower the total charge or increase it to 100% without issues. It is a bit of a pain as you have to move the slider up then wait for it to send. It often takes so long you don't think it's done it.
@Merry But did the charging functionality work? For me on android its never worked. Always says failed. But it does show when its charging and other stats. But triggering the starting of the charging has never worked for me.

Last edited:
@Merry But did the charging functionality work? For me on android its never worked. Always says failed. But it does show when its charging and other stats. But triggering the starting of the charging has never worked for me.
certainly will be interesting to no if the scheduled charging from the app works as my friend was looking at a dumb charger for when he gets his zs ev LR trophy car if it ever comes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom