MG iSmart problems (merged)

WoSko

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi everyone, recently I have been encountering issues with my MG iSmart app. Is there any particular reason for that? Could you please assist me in understanding why?

1698567881247.png
1698567929930.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same for a period at start of this month.
The connection to the car is over the mobile network. As my mobile reception is pathetic I believe it was during poor weather conditions reducing the signal strength. I found it worked again when I took my car out if the garage into the open yard. Its exactly the same as my mobile phone connection, I often can't get a signal indoors.

I had the same for a period at start of this month.
The connection to the car is over the mobile network. As my mobile reception is pathetic I believe it was during poor weather conditions reducing the signal strength. I found it worked again when I took my car out if the garage into the open yard. Its exactly the same as my mobile phone connection, I often can't get a signal indoors.
It seems like you're right in your case, but I've only noticed this problem recently. I never had it before. Also, just for clarity, my car is parked on the street all the time.

This seems to be a recurring bug probably originating from the car not getting on to the internet.
I had it many times and tried everything to "reboot" it to no avail.
It seems to correct itself after a few DAYS!
I just managed to have it working again this afternoon after about four days of "sleeping"
Trouble is when you take it to the dealer to complain, it's usually working again!
Its parked in the garage with the metal door shut. I'm upstairs and can still scan succesfully.
I wonder when it will quit again?

The car goes into a deeper sleep - unlock and lock the doors and it should respond again.

Try going into the Ismart app and app settings, my profile and clear cache.
Power off your phone and restart. It always works for me when I have issues.

cleared cache, locked and unlocked car, rebooted Iphone....... no luck.
Car is in double garage, outside house with plastic segment door.
Worked for quite awhile after I parked in there and closed the door
but today not.
Maybe it's the garage.

Just to add to the mystery

I have a ZS and an MG4, app has both cars added and they are parked side by side. Today one is working, the other is not, both have been driven this morning.... go figure

Interesting Robf....which one was NOT working?
Well I just drove 1 km, parked, locked and it started working again!
I wonder how long? or does it eventually say, "Hey nobody's here, Lets save some 12 volt!"
and "forgets" that GPS until another is acquired?

Did Mr. Morris's engineers do this software or is it Chinese I wonder.

Last edited:
I checked the iSmart app a few minutes ago, and... hurra! Here it works! But how long? Has anyone responded from the dealer about this issue?

So.. I parked the car OUTSIDE of the garage yesterday, as it was working, and it is now still receiving the GPS location signal this morning i.e. the ISmart app is working again! ("I" not so "Smart" I guess )
Now I know where to go after the bomb drops!

I don't drive a lot and the I think it has something to do with battery. If i don't drive my car for 3-4 days, I-smart would not work at all no matter what you try. Start the car for 1 sec and switch it off and suddenly i-smart works again.

I have had this problem since day one on my ZSEV. Have had the car 5 weeks and it is going back to dealer for rectification. I will wait and see.

Hi everyone, recently I have been encountering issues with my MG iSmart app. Is there any particular reason for that? Could you please assist me in understanding why?

View attachment 21211View attachment 21212
The app is flakey - can work perfectly for ages then boom! Who are you and I don't know you? It's a weakness in an otherwise excellent price-value-performance package.

Hi all I have the MG4 SESR and a MG5 Trophy had both now for the best part of a year now and some of the time both work fine but if they stop normally just doing a short drive fixes the issue and in the 5 operating the satnav cures the issue and brings things back to life I know this is not of much help but just so you all know your not alone I think every MG has this issue from time to time.
Les

I have also lost connectivity and the app is saying please bind your vehicle first.
When I try to do it, the app tells me it is already bound. One solution suggested is to unbind car and start again, but I can’t find the way to unbind. Any suggestions?
image.jpg

I have also lost connectivity and the app is saying please bind your vehicle first.
When I try to do it, the app tells me it is already bound. One solution suggested is to unbind car and start again, but I can’t find the way to unbind. Any suggestions?
Try this

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom