MG iSmart problems (merged)

Have exactly the same problem. Think when you 1st bind the car to the app the car remembers so when you try to do it again it tells you to unbind first... but you can't as the app has lost the information! so it doesn't display the unbind tab! Catch 22 situation. Have a service in a couple of weeks so will ask but generally they are not great with software/app problems... probably have to do a software reset with the car, but then all the glitches i had before will probably resurface...

For some reason or other could not get into ISmart app for the MG4 yesterday on opening the App on the iPhone it show a picture of a car with its headlights on in the middle and at the bottom it said Hello MG ( wished I had took a screen shot but didn’t think) but I could do nothing with it at all so went out in it and on our return it was just the same in the app screen.
I have never seen this before in our year of ownership so what to do well still staying in the car with it in ready mode I reset re-booted the IPhone a few minutes later ISmart started up and requested me to log in which I did and everything is working again very strange indeed may help others above if you try the above what I did but have the car in ready mode I’m not sure if that essential but it worked on this occasion for us.
Les.

Last edited:
Try this
I found the broken chain link in settings on the vehicle’s screen but when I click on it,all that does is to refer you to the app.
I then go to the app and click on the MG badge icon as suggested, and all I get is the bind button, no unbind button.
Was Kafka Chinese, I wonder (writer of Catch 22 in case you are wondering).
U

I found the unbind link by accident.
open the app and go to status.
shows parked etc and battery status.
At the top mine says MG5 electric>.
Tap this and it gives the unbind option

Sorry if this is resurrecting a dead thread but I found this site and registered after finding the discussion via Google.

I’ve just bought a Trophy (first time EV user) and love it but the remote options on the iSMART app are almost always not operational. I have no issues with mobile signal here so it is frustrating. I note others saying it’s not as reliable in cold weather so I hope it’s a temporary thing (the front window heater is something definitely needed in that environment) but I can sit in my bay window with the car less than a metre away and can’t do a vehicle check, lock/unlock or anything else.

Glad I found the site nonetheless, some great knowledge here. :)

I don't drive a lot and the I think it has something to do with battery. If i don't drive my car for 3-4 days, I-smart would not work at all no matter what you try. Start the car for 1 sec and switch it off and suddenly i-smart works again.
Same happens with me. If I don’t use the car for 3 days the ismart app won’t connect to the car. Should be called imcrap not ismart.

Sorry if this is resurrecting a dead thread but I found this site and registered after finding the discussion via Google.

I’ve just bought a Trophy (first time EV user) and love it but the remote options on the iSMART app are almost always not operational. I have no issues with mobile signal here so it is frustrating. I note others saying it’s not as reliable in cold weather so I hope it’s a temporary thing (the front window heater is something definitely needed in that environment) but I can sit in my bay window with the car less than a metre away and can’t do a vehicle check, lock/unlock or anything else.

Glad I found the site nonetheless, some great knowledge here. :)
I note that the app is showing battery percentage again but still glitchy. I'm currently at 65% which shows 136 miles range on the home screen. Click through to the battery page and it shows the same and that it is in long-trip mode. But use the back button and it shows 84 miles range or sometimes just two dashes. Refresh home and the 136 range comes back. The option to change the max charge on iSmart seems not be available now either (or if it is, you need to start a charge and I don't want to do that right now as I have set a top-up OI schedule for the first time).

Still, it's a kind of improvement, I guess.

I note that the app is showing battery percentage again but still glitchy. I'm currently at 65% which shows 136 miles range on the home screen. Click through to the battery page and it shows the same and that it is in long-trip mode. But use the back button and it shows 84 miles range or sometimes just two dashes. Refresh home and the 136 range comes back. The option to change the max charge on iSmart seems not be available now either (or if it is, you need to start a charge and I don't want to do that right now as I have set a top-up OI schedule for the first time).

Still, it's a kind of improvement, I guess.
To change the max charge you have to click on the cog in the top right corner

Attachments

• IMG_5054.png
    IMG_5054.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 26
@Glyn007 Just realised you started another thread MGSmart app no longer working Jan 2024
Moderator can you please merge?
They appear to be already merged. Let's try to use this thread (now with "merged" in the title) for all future iSmart issues. I may merge a few more threads if I find the time and/or people point out other threads to merge in.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom