MG Logistics?

ernie hudds

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
So - to my mind and from research on here, it would seem that MG4s are delivered from China to Bristol Portbury Docks.
Is this always the case I wonder?

The main transporter carrier is BCA for MG?
Is this also right?

To my mind, you should be to query when your car is due for transportation and an ETA to the dealership - but everything seems to be cloaked in secrecy and/or vagueness.
Somebody somewhere knows where my car is and when it's due to be delivered - given that I have the reg plate already!

Interested on your thoughts/facts.

BCA did my PDI at the docks.

Knowledge of the registration number does not mean a lot. Dealers have a list of plate numbers which are only activated when the vehicle is registered. That said, my number plate carries a BCA logo so may have been fixed at the docks???

I've just found out that its Flexible Vehicle Logistics for my dealership ...so its not always BCA, and you will need a VIN number if want any hope of chasing down when your vehicle might be delivered.

So - to my mind and from research on here, it would seem that MG4s are delivered from China to Bristol Portbury Docks.
Is this always the case I wonder?

The main transporter carrier is BCA for MG?
Is this also right?

To my mind, you should be to query when your car is due for transportation and an ETA to the dealership - but everything seems to be cloaked in secrecy and/or vagueness.
Somebody somewhere knows where my car is and when it's due to be delivered - given that I have the reg plate already!

Interested on your thoughts/facts.
My understanding is that all UK bound MG vehicles come in to Bristol Portbury docs.

So - what you can't do - is ring up the transporter guys and get information about your individual car. The dealership can though - and they are contracted to the dealership and NOT to individual customers like me and you!.

These companies like BCA or other transporter companies just aren't geared up to be public facing. This is something I expected. What I was doing was a little out of the ordinary. It's not usual for a customer to go Columbo and start hunting down where there car is and when it might be due for delivery. But to be honest - it was the only way after getting little feedback from the dealership who just can't be arsed communicating.

All the dealer has to do is ask the transporter company when the car is expected for delivery and hand over the VIN number to find out.

Having said this I'm sure these guys don't want to be hassled every 10 mins from dealerships (let alone individual companies) where the cars are.

BUT.....

why isn't there a website or something where you can look up the status of your vehicle without having to keep hassling the dealership. Amazon let you know where your parcel is, why can't the car industry do similar - can't be that hard!

I'm probably going to get pelters for this but, I was contacted and given my vin for my Renault when it was on the boat, I was then contacted and told the cars had been offloaded and we're now on the transporter and due at the dealers on XXX date, I was then contacted when it was available for handover. Can't really complain with the comms

That’s really how it should be. It’s not that hard but seems a challenge for MG.
Let‘s face it - common sense tells you customers are excited about getting their new car, they need to be kept informed, if not and they have to do all the chasing, it just spoils the experience.

That’s really how it should be. It’s not that hard but seems a challenge for MG.
Let‘s face it - common sense tells you customers are excited about getting their new car, they need to be kept informed, if not and they have to do all the chasing, it just spoils the experience.
Exactly that.

Had a
I'm probably going to get pelters for this but, I was contacted and given my vin for my Renault when it was on the boat, I was then contacted and told the cars had been offloaded and we're now on the transporter and due at the dealers on XXX date, I was then contacted when it was available for handover. Can't really complain with the comms
Had a similar experience when I order my Renault Zoe back in the day. Really awful from MG in terms of comms I think.

Sounds a bit like a "last mile" problem to me. This information is available to all the dealers. It's up to them to share and keep the customer happy. Some do and some don't. I had very different experiences with different brands.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back