MG new cars stock locator

I just noticed this on the MG Motor UK website and thought it might come in handy for those looking to get their hands on an MG4 who don’t wish to wait:
New cars stock locator
Fantastic! I put down a deposit with luscombe in Leeds but live in South East, havent upgraded my £99 deposit to the £500 deposit as holding out for finding a cancelled order down here but London Dealers are disclosing if they have orders coming in October however I have spoken with 3 dealers from Newcastle and Birmingham who are willing to offer me the Grey SE, hopefully this locator works out well.

Of the 2 matching my search criteria that returned one showed as

Overview​

5 miles

Would this mean the car has been pre-registered? There was another listing from the same dealer that didnt have any miles in overview, but both are listed for the same price.

I tried this back at the start of August and found it hopelessly out of date, called 2 dealers that were supposed have a correct spec and they had no MG4's at all. Let me know if you have more luck now and I may try again 🙂

I tried this back at the start of August and found it hopelessly out of date, called 2 dealers that were supposed have a correct spec and they had no MG4's at all. Let me know if you have more luck now and I may try again 🙂
Will give em a call tomorrow and update this thread.

Last edited:
Hmm ... this may be misleading. I put in the car I ordered last week ( a Grey Trophy ) only to be told that it's in stock at my local dealer - whereas the truth is that it's a 16-week wait.

Hmm ... this may be misleading. I put in the car I ordered last week ( a Grey Trophy ) only to be told that it's in stock at my local dealer - whereas the truth is that it's a 16-week wait.
🤔 Doesn’t sound like the software is very accurate then.

For my local dealer it’s showing “stock“ of the car I ordered (8 weeks quoted at the time of order) and other colours (which I was told were 16 weeks delivery) so I‘m very dubious about its accuracy. I would imagine if I rang them and wanted to buy, for example, a red Trophy, they’d quote me the 16 weeks rather than inviting me to pop in and drive it away.

The dealer that has my order for a grey Trophy comes up, but only for the orange, with "available to order" in the description. No idea!

Epsom seem to have every single spec and colour marked as available, that's incredibly unlikely but I'll call them tomorrow just in case. Have had my order in with Chiswick since the end of July.

Of the 2 matching my search criteria that returned one showed as

Overview​

5 miles

Would this mean the car has been pre-registered? There was another listing from the same dealer that didnt have any miles in overview, but both are listed for the same price.
The previous brand new ICE cars I've had all came with that kind of mileage, just from being driven from factory to storage yard to docks to ship to docks to car transporter to dealership.

Epsom seem to have every single spec and colour marked as available, that's incredibly unlikely but I'll call them tomorrow just in case. Have had my order in with Chiswick since the end of July.
Spoke with Epsom, they confirmed they have Red and Black SR available for October ending..

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back