MG not on Android auto compatible car list

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
Just looked at Android Auto compatible manufactures and was surprise that MG was not listed as of March 2020

Can people please tell me does their phones when running Android Auto reconnects if it's disconnected via USB cable at the phone end and then reconnected?
My oneplus phone can be disconnected from the USB C cable at the phone end, then reconnected and nothing happens, I have to pull the plug out from the cars USB port then plug back in for Android Auto to see my phone again. My Samsung S4 works finewith the standard USB cable. Just thinking if it's to do with USB C cables?

I have a Samsung A4 plus and need to keep selecting the type of USB connection, which is really frustrating, I.e Data Transfer, charge only, midi etc. It’s really annoying as it never used to do that....

I have a Samsung A4 plus and need to keep selecting the type of USB connection, which is really frustrating, I.e Data Transfer, charge only, midi etc. It’s really annoying as it never used to do that....
I have honor 20 lite and does the same thing I have to select data transfer every time.
I've even been in the development setting and changed default to data transfer but still asks me to select when I connect.
I think it's something to do with security when you plug into an unknown source.

Thank you Allen78 for your reply.
Does anyone on this forum know how to resolve this issue as it’s really frustrating, even more so if you infotainment system reboots and your using google maps as you need to stop somewhere and reconnect, not ideal....

My Moto G6 is just a micro USB (only fits in one way).
I did manage to get it working by uninstalling the app off the phone (even though guides tell you to install it first), plugging the phone in to the right hand USB socket on the car (wouldn't work at all in the left one, kept saying connect the phone), then pressing the Android auto button on the car screen and installing the app after the prompt on the screen appeared, then following the prompts on the phone as it installed.
TBH I'm a bit underwhelmed by it all as I'm not a big phone user for anything other than making calls and texting. Seems like a lot of faffing about for little reward.
I don't know if I'm missing the point here but I can't think of many uses for Android Auto for me, the car already has built in navigation which shows charging points etc., it has USB and bluetooth music playback and the only advantage of Android Auto is the voice search, ask Google bit.

I mainly use car play for googlemaps, as others have stated. It's the best navigation app by a long way and has the most up to date travel data, as most people give google their location data (whether they like it or not). It will predict journey times with traffic and is usually accurate to within a couple of minutes. Especially on long journeys.

Nibloprice, Have you had any issues with carplay in the ZS EV? or has it been a good experience?

I intend to leave a iphone 6 attached permanently so I can listen to spotify while I drive and use a web browser/ youtube while charging.

Hi
Generally car play works really well. I’ve never had it in a car before and it’s nice to be able to use google maps, and the music and podcast apps. Once or twice it doesn’t connect and I just unplug the lead and then it’s fine. But 99% of the time it’s great.

Thank you for that i was curious.

The infotainment in the MG is very dated but at least Android Auto and Carplay come as standard.

Maybe one day we will get Ismart 2.0?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom