MG order form

Gazza

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone on here know whether the order form completed by the dealer when ordering an MG ZS EV last November...December listed the application for the EV Grant or was it a completely different document

Did you ever hear anything off the back of the last email you found? Were you able to collect your car at the agreed price in the end, or did the dealer still try to squeeze you for £2.5k extra PiCG?

Completely different document, is my understanding.
The dealer SHOULD make the grant application, as soon as they received your order and deposit.

Did you ever hear anything off the back of the last email you found? Were you able to collect your car at the agreed price in the end, or did the dealer still try to squeeze you for £2.5k extra PiCG?
He won't budge ...they've done me out of £2,500 ...I'm convinced they got it and want me to pull out so they can sell it at full price and pocket the grant...if only there was a way I could find out that the the grant was applied when the car was first ordered

Completely different document, is my understanding.
The dealer SHOULD make the grant application, as soon as they received your order and deposit.
They should do it then, but both here & on social media it seems at least a few dealers didn't. I do wonder whether there are others who'll be affected, but just don't know it yet because their car hasn't arrived.

They should do it then, but both here & on social media it seems at least a few dealers didn't. I do wonder whether there are others who'll be affected, but just don't know it yet because their car hasn't arrived.
All I can say to anyone who hasn't received their car yet is be aware of this scam as it seems there is no way to prove any different

All I can say to anyone who hasn't received their car yet is be aware of this scam as it seems there is no way to prove any different
Have you tried contacting the department that provides the grant to check the situation. I.e. make sure there is no grant in your name? As the application is made in your name, there should be a way you can access the information due to GDPR. As it’s a government grant, they should want to double check the dealer hasn’t incorrectly received the grant.

Have you tried contacting the department that provides the grant to check the situation. I.e. make sure there is no grant in your name? As the application is made in your name, there should be a way you can access the information due to GDPR. As it’s a government grant, they should want to double check the dealer hasn’t incorrectly received the grant.
Or make the department aware that unscrupulous dealers are scamming their customers!

Or make the department aware that unscrupulous dealers are scamming their customers!
Yes, I was trying to indicate that may be what they were up to without using those words as it may just be poor management on the dealers side. I’m fairly sure they have to supply evidence the car has been registered to the person named on the grant application though, so they likely couldn’t do this if the customer refuses to pay the extra and doesn’t get the car. But, with the price they’re selling stock vehicles for (more than new) I guess it’s a win win either way.

I know Miles had raised the issue - did anything come of that with MG?

One member did an information request, though I'm not sure if they'd heard back yet.
Not getting the grant, don't think anyone will, they said they had 28 people affected who must all be pre Dec 14th orders. I have a made a Freedom of Information request to the DfT asking whether there's an application in my name, just to be sure.
The guy I spoke to last at cars2 was still trying to blag that they'd have honoured the £1000 drop in December, had to put me on hold for a minute or so when I pointed out the car wasn't eligible after the grant qualification drop to £32k and was remarkably more willing to to a deal thereafter. The deal they've offered is actually ok, possibly partly funded by an increase in the value of my trade-in, although I am awaiting confirmation on one of the points in the quote. Obviously unsure whether to trust them though.
Yours was due today wasn't it, did you go through with the purchase?

Office for Zero Emission Vehicles

Great Minster House
33 Horseferry Road
London
SW1P 4DR
United Kingdom
Email
[email protected]

I don't know if it'd be worth your while to contact OZEV and see how to go about requesting details of any application made in your name - I expect you're fed up of the whole thing.

Hopefully there's someone reading here with more knowledge, who can offer advice.

I think it may be quite possible that if the grant extension is not applied for after 6 months(its original length of usefulness) it becomes invalid hence claims for early orders being denied

Which department would that be...
If its one of Cars2 I don't stand a chance been asking for 2 weeks for a copy of the original order and haven't received a reply seems they are ignoring my emails...

Which department would that be...
If its one of Cars2 I don't stand a chance been asking for 2 weeks for a copy of the original order and haven't received a reply seems they are ignoring my emails...
Nut Nut has given the details in his post below mine. That’s directly to the department at the government who issue the grants, so you don’t need to liaise with the dealer.

Nut Nut has given the details in his post below mine. That’s directly to the department at the government who issue the grants, so you don’t need to liaise with the dealer.
Email requests sent to relevant departments...OZEV directs you to the DVLA....so sit and wait see what I get back....thank you all for your help....Will let you know how I get on

Email requests sent to relevant departments...OZEV directs you to the DVLA....so sit and wait see what I get back....thank you all for your help....Will let you know how I get on
It's well worth a try - nothing to lose. I hope something comes of it!

No problem. Hopefully you get an answer and that gives you some peace of mind that the grant application hasn’t been made in your name.

I would be kicking off massively here as the guidance from OZEV AND MG UK at the time the grant was live was that dealerships SHOULD have applied for the PiCG at time of order... I would get in touch with MG UK directly and put in an official complaint because this is the dealers fault, not yours and you shouldn't be liable for their incompetence or inability to follow their own procedures as directed from MG UK

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom