MG Pilot Gripes

Agreed. ACC does not steer, and neither does TJA as far as I can see from the MG UK information.

Should also be noted that in the Mk1 5 and ZS that TJA does not exist in the menus.
As pointed to in the above link as described by MG UK

1. Adaptive Cruise Control

Adaptive Cruise Control uses smart technology to detect what’s in front of you. It will then change your speed depending on the current situation. For example, if the roads are clear then you are set on a steady course, but if a car in front begins to slow down, then it will use the brakes to gently reduce speed. This helps to prevent any collisions.

4. Traffic Jam Assist

With our Traffic Jam Assist technology your vehicle can come to a stop and then accelerate again by itself when it detects a traffic jam. It does this by monitoring the car in front and automatically following its pattern.

6. Lane Keep Assist (LKA)

Lane Keep Assist (LKA) goes one step further than the Lane Departure Warning and actually corrects the driver’s position for them. By taking control of the wheel it adjusts the vehicle’s position to keep it within the lane markings.

However MG Europe describe it slightly differently MG Pilot safety features: how do they work?

Traffic Jam Assistance (TJA)

When Adaptive Cruise Control is turned on, Traffic Jam Assist continuously monitors the speed of the vehicle in the front. If the system detects dense traffic or a traffic jam at speeds below 60 km/h, the driver can activate TJA. The driver’s vehicle will automatically follow the vehicle in front, controlling its acceleration, braking and steering within the same lane.
The MG EU description of TJA is correct. I know it steers as I have first-hand experience of it. :)

AFIAK there are 87 TLAs for FL, OMG! IMHO FL here means "Face Lift" but IANAL! 😂😂😂
If you're dyslexic, this post would send you doolally. :)

Does that translate as:
Africa there are 87 Translators for Flogging! My Hoval here means "Face Lift" but In Canal

Has someone been reading The Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll?

Quite often used on this forum, in fact in 183 posts so far on the MG5 forum this calendar year. :)
As I never venture into the MG5 forum (why would I? I have an MG4) then saying it has been used there is rather pointless. It would have been much easier (and less typing) to just say what the hell it means! 🙄

Not had too many problems with acc. The brakes jitter a lot if I let it bring me to a stop tho. Is that normal? It feels like ABS but not sure why it would kick in when dry.

Last edited by a moderator:
FL? Not an acronym that I'm familiar with.
As I never venture into the MG5 forum (why would I? I have an MG4) then saying it has been used there is rather pointless. It would have been much easier (and less typing) to just say what the hell it means! 🙄
My most sincere and humblest apologies to you. If only I had been aware you were not familiar with said abbreviation (not an acronym) I would have done some more typing and spelt it out longhand for you. :)
No more abbreviations, or acronyms (NMA) on here I say.

In all seriousness though everyone uses those they are familiar with, which are maybe not known by all. I too have wondered occasionally what was meant. Conversely do we want to keep spelling everything longhand in case someone reading isn't familiar ? A dilemma.

Last edited:
My most sincere and humblest apologies to you. If only I had been aware you were not familiar with said abbreviation (not an acronym) I would have done some more typing and spelt it out longhand for you. :)
No more abbreviations, or acronyms (NMA) on here I say.

In all seriousness though everyone uses those they are familiar with, which are maybe not known by all. I too have wondered occasionally what was meant. Conversely do we want to keep spelling everything longhand in case someone reading isn't familiar ? A dilemma.
When publishing a paper for peer review, you use the words once and put the abbreviation in brackets. For the rest of the paper you can then use the abbreviation.

When publishing a paper for peer review, you use the words once and put the abbreviation in brackets. For the rest of the paper you can then use the abbreviation.
Indeed you do, but do you do it for every post in every thread ?

And specifically if someone has asked the question, I certainly do not espouse effusively then STILL DON'T GIVE THE INFORMATION! 🙄

And specifically if someone has asked the question, I certainly do not espouse effusively then STILL DON'T GIVE THE INFORMATION! 🙄
You sound angry.
The answer was given in the very next post after you stated you were unfamiliar with the term. (posts #23 and 24)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom