MG Pilot

Booky

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've had the car for a couple of weeks now,but I am still confused about
a) FCW
b) AEB
c) AEBP
Do these operate at all times (if switched on) or are they only operative if MG Pilot is on ?
Any information will be welcome.

As far as I understand it. If the settings are on (any sensitivity) then the system is always on (a over or below a certain speed at least).
Pilot only covers lane keep assist and assisted cruise/traffic jam assist working together.

Its very confusing. Even if you turn of MG pilot does it default to "on" again?

MG Pilot you need to activate every time you want to use, just as you need to activate the cruise control when you want to use it

Mg pilot is when you are in ACC Mode, if you press set you will match the car in fronts speed or your own if there is none. Then I pull stick towards me twice I get the double blue lines. Then the car will steer for you. I love it even if it makes me look drunk, but it’s great on motorway. One side of wheel feels lighter. I love the gimmicks.

I’ve turned of lane departure warning, it was taking off the digital speedo.

I’ve had one warning from early collision and I can see why it beeped at me. All in all mg pilot (steering) and adaptive cruise control are fun. I’m still playing and learning though.

I've not used MG pilot yet, mainly as I was getting confused as to how to initiate it.
So just to clarify, you set the ACC first, which I know how to do, then to engage MG pilot I just have to pull the lever back twice ?

Yes pull it back twice fairly quickly like you are trying to flash your main beam lights and to turn off just push the same lever forwards.

Have a read of the manual and it will provide further detail, or have a look on YouTube for Mike Proctor.

I got extensive use of it over the past weekend covering 300 miles of motorway on MG Pilot, it's really relaxing once you've got used to the level of resistance your hand needs to the twitchy wheel while it self corrects in lane. It's good, you do need to be alert to it loosing lines (it only happened to me twice), you will get an alert bong, but before that the side that looses the line turns from blue to red on the display. I do need to work on where to keep my legs so they don't cramp up from being in the same position too much, I was swapping between over the pedals / dead pedal and flat to the floor with my heels back to the seat, I think rotating between those two leg positions will help with circulation (while being able to quickly, at all times take over control if needed).

As @Mark Holmes says its just like flashing your lights to engage it once your ACC speed is set, however, don't make the mistake I did and get the wrong stalk or you'll be happily flashing a truck a few times before realising you've got the wrong stalk! ?‍♂️

As @Mark Holmes says its just like flashing your lights to engage it once your ACC speed is set, however, don't make the mistake I did and get the wrong stalk or you'll be happily flashing a truck a few times before realising you've got the wrong stalk! ?‍♂️

I used it today on A roads and didn't like the way it kept not seeing the central dotted white line in the road and letting me drift across so I turned it off and just resorted to ACC.
Funnily enough, I too kept using the wrong stalk and whilst adjusting the speed on the ACC as I hit different speed limits when there was no leading traffic, I kept putting the indicator on. doh !

Last edited:
Have a read of the manual and it will provide further detail, or have a look on YouTube for Mike Proctor.

actually, it’s Mike Procter o_O

video in question is

I used it today on A roads and didn't like the way it kept not seeing the central dotted white line in the road and letting me drift across so I turned it off and just resorted to ACC.
Funnily enough, I too kept using the wrong stalk and whilst adjusting the speed on the ACC as I hit different speed limits when there was no leading traffic, I kept putting the indicator on. doh !

It’s not really designed for A roads.

Personally I find the whole speed limit, ACC, MGPilot operating stalk/setting procedure counter intuitive. If I don’t use it for a while I have to relearn it all again. My Prius is so much easier to operate.

Is there a way to alter the following distance on the ZS like there is on the Prius ?

Thanks, I was trying to look on the stalk as I was driving but because of where it is it's hard to see. By the time I'd got home I forgot about it and didn't look again. (y)

In my experience the Traffic Jam Assist is by and large crap compared to the systems I've had on other cars.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom