MG Pilot

johnnyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Driving back on the motorway after picking up my MG4, I had a little play of MG pilot, surely a quick flick up or down of the speed increase would be better served to increase in 1mph increments and a longer hold would better serve a 5mph increase - basically the opposite of what it does now.

I know it’s only a little thing and the pilot function will increase/decrease speed automatically, but sometimes it’s nice to have a little more control of the speed rather than have it set at 5mph increments.

When holding it up (or down) to increase or decrease by 1mph, it will inevitably increase by 3 or 4 as it’s not as accurate.

Probably only me who find this to be an issue, but for me the inputs at the moment are the wrong way round and it should be quick flick for 1mph increase/decrease & linger hold for 5mph increase/decrease.

Driving back on the motorway after picking up my MG4, I had a little play of MG pilot, surely a quick flick up or down of the speed increase would be better served to increase in 1mph increments and a longer hold would better serve a 5mph increase - basically the opposite of what it does now.

I know it’s only a little thing and the pilot function will increase/decrease speed automatically, but sometimes it’s nice to have a little more control of the speed rather than have it set at 5mph increments.

When holding it up (or down) to increase or decrease by 1mph, it will inevitably increase by 3 or 4 as it’s not as accurate.

Probably only me who find this to be an issue, but for me the inputs at the moment are the wrong way round and it should be quick flick for 1mph increase/decrease & linger hold for 5mph increase/decrease.
I completely agree with you and find it odd. On my Ioniq it was short press up or down 1mph increments and long press for more, really would have liked it this way on the MG4 too.

I actually like it set by 5 mph like that
I guess you can't please everyone all the time
I like the 5mph adjustment but it's just too difficult to adjust by 1 or 2mph by holding, so it makes that part fairly useless. Around the other way and it works for both.

However I have found that by checking via GPS the speedo is very accurate on the MG4, on my Ioniq I knew I had to go over by a few mph to get to the correct speed.

On my current car (diesel Insignia) I know that 75 indicated is a real 70 (per GPS), so I tend to set my CC at 75. Interesting to hear that the MG4 is closer to reality.

75 = 70
64 = 60
54 = 50
43 = 40
32 = 30

I like the 5mph adjustment but it's just too difficult to adjust by 1 or 2mph by holding, so it makes that part fairly useless. Around the other way and it works for both.

However I have found that by checking via GPS the speedo is very accurate on the MG4, on my Ioniq I knew I had to go over by a few mph to get to the correct speed.
I second this. Very difficult to adjust 1mph increments, annoying!

On my current car (diesel Insignia) I know that 75 indicated is a real 70 (per GPS), so I tend to set my CC at 75. Interesting to hear that the MG4 is closer to reality.

75 = 70
64 = 60
54 = 50
43 = 40
32 = 30
Via various tests the MG4 is almost completely accurate on speed reading. I wondered if the speedo was linked to GPS data but not sure that would be good if weather prevents a decent GPS link. Safe to say you don't need to add anything onto the displayed speed.

Via various tests the MG4 is almost completely accurate on speed reading. I wondered if the speedo was linked to GPS data but not sure that would be good if weather prevents a decent GPS link. Safe to say you don't need to add anything onto the displayed speed.
Same as for the ZS and the 5, speedo is pretty accurate. It's an MG thang. :)

In my experience most if not practically all speed limits in this country are in multiples of 5. I find the quick tap for 5mph changes efficient when limits change.
I do not often find myself in need of setting ACC at other odd speeds.

I like the 5 mph increments too. What I do sometimes if I want a precise speed is go to the next 5 mph increment above the speed you want and as the car speeds up press the set speed button at the precise speed you want. Much easier than holding the stalk/joystick and trying to let go before it goes past the speed you are looking for. For example, if I want to cruise at 67 mph on the motorway, I set the ACC to 70 MPH and as it reaches 67 MPH I press the set speed button on the end of the stalk/joystick.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 515 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back