MG Recall Checker

Well, I've just got off the phone to the dealer regarding the fact that they'd applied the lock in update, but my car still shows on the MG recall website as needing a recall.

Apparently, there's another recall! When pressed to identify what the recall is for, he came back to explain that it's a "service recall". I asked what a service recall was, and apparently MG have asked for all infotainment systems to be brought up to the latest standard (in my case R33) and to make changes (unidentified) to the body computer software (?) and the charging unit(?!!). The dealer explained that this recall instruction had only just been issued and that provided my car is ok (it is), that there was no rush to get it done.

Now, I may be mistaken here, but I thought recalls were only issued for critical problems - should I be concerned? probably not, given MG's abysmal software record so far!
Thanks for that information Bernie I saw this about a recall this morning and as yet have not been able to get in touch with my dealer our car has had the door locking one done and the screen is fine think I’ll go along with Ian key for now and leave well alone.
Les

I am not going to let them update my infotainment software until I can be certain that I will not lose the exterior temperature readout.

Having said that, the MG recall web site right now says my car is not subject to any recall.

Unless something critical comes through (and the dealer contacts me) I'm just going to wait until service time (late November). :)

Well, I've just got off the phone to the dealer regarding the fact that they'd applied the lock in update, but my car still shows on the MG recall website as needing a recall.

Apparently, there's another recall! When pressed to identify what the recall is for, he came back to explain that it's a "service recall". I asked what a service recall was, and apparently MG have asked for all infotainment systems to be brought up to the latest standard (in my case R33) and to make changes (unidentified) to the body computer software (?) and the charging unit(?!!). The dealer explained that this recall instruction had only just been issued and that provided my car is ok (it is), that there was no rush to get it done.

Now, I may be mistaken here, but I thought recalls were only issued for critical problems - should I be concerned? probably not, given MG's abysmal software record so far!
Did they confirm if this is an official recall website? We have assumed it is but there's nothing to confirm that which I have seen.

Did they confirm if this is an official recall website? We have assumed it is but there's nothing to confirm that which I have seen.
Well, all I can confirm is that my car's VIN (and reg no) appears on the MG recall site (MG Recall Checker) but does not appear on the gov.uk recall site.
But, it didn't appear on the gov.uk recall site for the lock-in recall, so I don't trust that site.
My dealer did confirm that there was this new service update recall.

Not sure if this is of any help, though when I visited MG Beaconsfield last week, he said all dealers received communication from MG on 2nd June with details of a recall. I'm not sure which cars it applies to or the exact details. They applied it to my car and was the BMC and EVCC

That sounds a bit like it might be related to the loss of power/speed issue that torpedoed Bowfer's MG4 ownership.
It may be, though it didn't resolve the issue on mine, it's going back to MG again next week. No idea what they'll do, it's had every update possible, as far as I'm aware.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back