MG smart app clashing with Ohme charger app

Photogreycat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have found that it is essential for the charge settings on the Ohme charger app and the MG app to be the same. If they are out of step charging may not happen.

I would prefer to use the Ohme app as you can have a variety of different charging schemes for different days. This is not possible with the MG app. I would like to remove the MG app to avoid any conflict. I am not sure if this is possible. Any comments,

John

The reason the MG ismart app was clashing with my Ohme charger was that the app on the car had not been activated so that it blocked charging unless set for charging simultaneously with the Ohme.

I discovered today how useful the MG app is. When using a public charger you can monitor the progress by sitting in a cafe rather than having to return to the vehicle.

Hence I will continue to use both apps simultaneously for charging to avoid conflicts.

John
You don't need scheduling in the app, to watch it charge.

Have the "scheduled charging" toggle set to off. You can still go into the battery view, it'll tell you whether it's charging, what wattage it's getting, and an estimated time to reach its own idea of target (which may differ from the charger's idea, if it has a target).

This seems the easiest way - car will always accept charge. Charger - whether it's your home Ohme or a public charger - decides when to supply it.

You don't need scheduling in the app, to watch it charge.

Have the "scheduled charging" toggle set to off. You can still go into the battery view, it'll tell you whether it's charging, what wattage it's getting, and an estimated time to reach its own idea of target (which may differ from the charger's idea, if it has a target).

This seems the easiest way - car will always accept charge. Charger - whether it's your home Ohme or a public charger - decides when to supply it.
Hi, slightly different charging problem
Tonight I have several hours of free electricity so connected the car about 5 o’clock to my Podpoint charger intending to set the charge time with ismart. I didn’t set until 6.30 when I found it was already charging. I stopped it and set the charge times for tomorrow.
The car is set to no charging schedule.
I assume the car starts charging as soon as connected when it’s not scheduled ?
To avoid this must I set the schedule on ismart before connecting the car to the charger?
Thanks
Chris

Hi, slightly different charging problem
Tonight I have several hours of free electricity so connected the car about 5 o’clock to my Podpoint charger intending to set the charge time with ismart. I didn’t set until 6.30 when I found it was already charging. I stopped it and set the charge times for tomorrow.
The car is set to no charging schedule.
I assume the car starts charging as soon as connected when it’s not scheduled ?
To avoid this must I set the schedule on ismart before connecting the car to the charger?
Thanks
Chris
Correct

Our Ohme Pro - remove schedules from Ohme to act as a "dumb" charger. All schedules and/or instant cherging, done through app (y)

Our Ohme Pro - remove schedules from Ohme to act as a "dumb" charger. All schedules and/or instant cherging, done through app (y)
It's a matter of preference if your tariff works on fixed times.

But if you're on Intelligent Octopus, the Ohme Pro will work with the Octopus API to use cheap slots outside the core hours. The MG scheduler can't do that.

This was my main reason for buying an Ohme Pro rather than a cheaper charger.

Thanks. I have a Podpoint installed about 3 years ago before intelligent, when I was on Go faster. Recently changed to Gen 2 XS, STILL learning about app etc.

Follow up question, my OHME charger literally just isn’t led (4 weeks on granny!) I get turning off schedule on iSMART App but should I increase the max percentage charge to 100% (currently on 80%) so on odd day I asked OHME to go to 100% it’s not blocked? I only thought of this as engineer could manually get OHME charger working at first because of course car was at 80%

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back