MG withdrawing service plans from 1/11/2021 (ie next week)

AussiePete

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
The MG Owners club have posted on their FB group that MG have "parted company" with their service plan company E-dynamix and that no new service plans will be issued from next week (1/11/2021). This won't (apparently) effect existing service plans as they will still be honoured.

Other that this high level information I don't have any details, however worth considering if you have, or are considering taking out, a service plan on your ZS EV like I have 😳

What does this mean for people who have a MG on the way?

That we would just book a service each year with the dealer at an inflated cost?

Are we generally free to get the cars serviced by independent companies and still keep the warranty?

I think it means that you just book it in as and when it’s needed just like you have with any other car . I thought it was odd in the first place to set up a direct debit over 3,4,5 years just to get your car serviced.

I do think we need to know if we can get the car serviced elsewhere and still keep the warranty in tact ????

I think this is because of inflation. When you take out the service plan it freezes the cost for five years. If inflation takes off they are gonna be losing money years 3,4 and 5.

What does this mean for people who have a MG on the way?

That we would just book a service each year with the dealer at an inflated cost?

Are we generally free to get the cars serviced by independent companies and still keep the warranty?
From MG: -

Each main service is carried out within 1000 miles / 1609 kilometers or 28 days of the recommended mileage interval or service anniversary date as shown on the Service Interval Plan (within the service portfolio) and that the appropriate service record page is stamped and endorsed by the servicing agent. Whilst the warranty will not be invalidated if a non-authorised repairer carries out this work, Warranty faults resulting from work carried out by a non-authorised repairer may not be covered under the MG Warranty.

Full T's and C's

Last edited:
Do you get info, on how to view details after your first service?
No, but you get a Maintenance check sheet which ticks off what was done and has the dealer stamp on it (like you would get in a service book) and a safety check sheet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom