MG ZE EV infotainment system froze, then ok the next day. Anyone else experience this?

Jeff

Standard Member
Reaction score
Had the info entertainment system freeze, clock stopped could not change radio station also reversing camera would not work,next day all back and running again. Has anyone else had this hapoen

Yes, the entire system froze on me. I let the car sit for a half hour and when I started it, everything was back to normal.

Had the info entertainment system freeze, clock stopped could not change radio station also reversing camera would not work,next day all back and running again. Has anyone else had this hapoen
Just as a matter of interest, was the clock showing the correct time when it restored ?

Just as a matter of interest, was the clock showing the correct time when it restored ?
yes, I did contact the dealer who said it could be the module or the screen, if it was the screen would have to go back to MG but he said should only take a day with MG

My guess is the screen if the clock carried on working.

A couple of times mine has completely frozen and no amount of turning the car on and off, locking the doors etc would reset it. Ten minutes later into the journey it rebooted itself.
It's a dreadful system and the screen quality is terrible, just like the reversing camera.
I had a Citroen C1 courtesy car and it had a screen that was much higher resolution than the MG's.

The info unit with its “Black Screen Of Death” is a very common problem.
Probably another software “Bug” in the system.
Had my car for just over 12 months now and it has probably done it about 6 times I think ?.
Sometimes the screen will just go black and the radio will continue playing, then the screen will reappear.
Other times it will completely reboot to the MG screen and work again.
Other times it will black screen and will not return to normal service until the car is powered down, left alone for a while then it will return when the car is rebooted !.

The info unit with its “Black Screen Of Death” is a very common problem.
Probably another software “Bug” in the system.
Had my car for just over 12 months now and it has probably done it about 6 times I think ?.
Sometimes the screen will just go black and the radio will continue playing, then the screen will reappear.
Other times it will completely reboot to the MG screen and work again.
Other times it will black screen and will not return to normal service until the car is powered down, left alone for a while then it will return when the car is rebooted !.
I think that we should all as a collective group raise these issues to you MG dealer when your cars go in for servicing or updates or anything else, I know I will.

I agree - especially as it looks like it may only be covered under warranty for 3 Years?

I agree - especially as it looks like it may only be covered under warranty for 3 Years?
I believe the more that people raise the issue, even if like me it’s only happened a handful of times your more likely to get it fixed, whatever the problem is...

Has anybody tried disconnecting the 12 V battery to reset it? my telly freezes occasionally and my phone, I disconnect the supply and they start working again.

Has anybody tried disconnecting the 12 V battery to reset it? my telly freezes occasionally and my phone, I disconnect the supply and they start working again.

I did this when I bricked my satnav - you can do it by dropping the glove box off and disconnecting the cables to the unit behind it. It didn't solve my satnav problems but may work for the infotainment system.

I believe the more that people raise the issue, even if like me it’s only happened a handful of times your more likely to get it fixed, whatever the problem is...
I think I was one of the first people to create a post on another forum, when this first happened on my car after only a few months of ownership.
At the time, I reported the issue to my supplying dealer but at the time, they had no other complaints regarding this subject.
When first post the tread, I encouraged others owners who had witnessed this problem, to actively report it to their dealers.
I know many owners have seen this issue, but appear to be a little reluctant to alert the dealers.
One of the subjects under debate on the Monday night Pod Cast this next is :-
"Infotainment System".
There maybe some reference to this problem maybe ?.
Drop them a question !.

I think I was one of the first people to create a post on another forum, when this first happened on my car after only a few months of ownership.
At the time, I reported the issue to my supplying dealer but at the time, they had no other complaints regarding this subject.
When first post the tread, I encouraged others owners who had witnessed this problem, to actively report it to their dealers.
I know many owners have seen this issue, but appear to be a little reluctant to alert the dealers.
One of the subjects under debate on the Monday night Pod Cast this next is :-
"Infotainment System".
There maybe some reference to this problem maybe ?.
Drop them a question !.
Hopefully Miles will be on the Podcast and can advise or feedback to MG and see what they say.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom