MG ZE EV infotainment system froze, then ok the next day. Anyone else experience this?

Infotainment going blank screen has happened on my ICE ZS as well as my ZSEV. Closing a tel call would brick it regularly as well as internal satnav use. It’s never been fixed by dealer and I have a replacement head on the new EV. My opinion is poor coding and and bad electrical suppression. I live with it now as after an hour of engine off it always comes back on

How you disconect the supply? I have my car for only 2 months and is second time display is freeze😡
You can either hold down the centre silver button on the info button, for about 10 seconds on the ZS EV ( Gen1 ) until it reboots the system, or hold down the “Home” button on the front panel of the info unit for 10 seconds on the ZS EV ( Gen 2 ) until it resets.
A full reboot can be achieved by disconnecting the negative terminal of the 12 volt battery under the bonnet, using a 10mm spanner. Leave disconnected for 5 minutes then reconnect.
This is seen as a major / master reset of the 12 volt system.
Usually the first option will restore the info unit back to normal.
The info unit crashing on the ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) is a long established issue.
There is a small software update that can be done to the info unit, by the dealer that is meant to improve the situation.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom