8 : 91-100%
7 : 80-91%
6 : 69-80%
5 : 58-69%
4 : 47-58%
3 : 36-47%
2 : 25-36%
1 : <25% (HV battery light comes on)

HV battery light starts flashing at 10% and will warn about aggressive driving. I believe it stops flashing and disappears at 5%.

The GoM turns to --- at 10 miles

Stick this in your phone notes for future reference.

Here's the state of charge as per the 8-bar gauge:

8 : 91-100%
7 : 80-91%
6 : 69-80%
5 : 58-69%
4 : 47-58%
3 : 36-47%
2 : 25-36%
1 : <25% (HV battery light comes on)

HV battery light starts flashing at 10% and will warn about aggressive driving. I believe it stops flashing and disappears at 5%.

The GoM turns to --- at 10 miles

Stick this in your phone notes for future reference.
That’s a fair bit of info there
Thanks I will pass that on to my son
Cheers
πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I was driving from Sydney to Goulburn in my 2020 MG ZS EV and got the 50km warning and then at 20km got the warning: Don't attempt any aggressive driving, eventually made it to the charge station. Phew, very close
I had stopped in at Mittagong charger, but that was faulty, then Sutton Forest charger, but again faulty, so had to push on to Goulburn
So range leaving home was 220km and I travelled 213kms
We need much more and better maintained charging stations in OzπŸ€”

Nope, it’s really annoying as when you plug in to charge it shows up! That 8 segment β€˜fuel’ gauge is a relic in time!

When I had the gen 1 zs ev, I used to use the app called ev watchdog. Plug in the obd adaptor and it would give me a battery breakdown as well as other data.

When I had the gen 1 zs ev, I used to use the app called ev watchdog. Plug in the obd adaptor and it would give me a battery breakdown as well as other data.
Yes, that was a good app until last update, now it starts, and after some seconds turn off the Bluetooth connection. I have tried to contact the developer, but no response. But you also have the Thai app Evzs that you can find under Project 1.2.1 , that still works fine.

Hi all
My son has a mg zs mk1 2020 exclusive
Is there a way you can view the battery percentage when the car is NOT charging
Cheers
No simple way. Temporarily turn the charger on and look through the window to the dashboard.
Pain in the Ass. My kids are the same. β€˜How much charge is on the MG’. β€˜Dunno, just charge it up’.
So I check - 80%.
We’re on solar. So it’s kind of important to know because I don’t like charging on fossil fuel.
Cars need to be connected.

Hi all
My son has a mg zs mk1 2020 exclusive
Is there a way you can view the battery percentage when the car is NOT charging
Cheers
I've owned both the Mk1 & the Mk2: in the case of the MK1, it always shows remaining range in ks (miles, I assume in the UK). Never really had a problem with that & you quickly get to know what (say) 20% might mean, plus the car winges at you for a charge when it knows the batery is low, usually at around 55ks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom