• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG zs boot

Try again without key as Sidemips said but give it a minute or so before going back without key. Should lock.

Upvote 0
How do you know it's not locked, can you open it without having the key on you ?

Upvote 0
IT is not a problem.

if the key is close enough to the car, the boot always keeps unlocked.

so take the key far away, 100 meters away, or farther, the boot keeps locked

Upvote 0
IT is not a problem.

if the key is close enough to the car, the boot always keeps unlocked.

so take the key far away, 100 meters away, or farther, the boot keeps locked
Not strictly true, mine locks with the key in my pocket, indicated by the flashing of the indicators.
It will only stay unlocked if the keys are inside the boot.

Upvote 0
MGZS Boot does not lock. Has anyone this problem.
Warning to everyone I opened the boot key in handbag put handbag in boot at the exact same time my granddaughter tried to open the passenger door by pressing the button the door and boot both locked had to go home for spare key as this happened to any one else?

Upvote 0
Yes tried all methods - still cannot lock.
Hi johnothoman How about trying the 12volt battery disconnect thing for 15 minutes then after 15 min reconnect the 12volt battery and try it again after the systems have reset themselves doing this has worked for other problem on MGs might cure this as well you need a 10 mm spanner to do it who knows !
Les

Upvote 0
Warning to everyone I opened the boot key in handbag put handbag in boot at the exact same time my granddaughter tried to open the passenger door by pressing the button the door and boot both locked had to go home for spare key as this happened to any one else?
I believe the boot would have remained unlocked if the key was in there.

Upvote 0
Yes, wife hsd key in bag. Luckily only 15 minutes from home to retrieve the spare.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom