Mg zs charging cable and wall box

Mark81

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all , from my understanding is it true some dealers give you a type 2 charger and a granny charger and some only give you a granny charger ? I will have to speak to the dealer . Does anyone have a A.B.L wall charger and what lead have you purchased separately if I need to use it for a 7kw wall charger and fast charging out and about . Thanks all .

Simplest way to cover this is to make a positive request that the Type 2 cable be included as part of your order. If you are smart, you will also be saying you expect it to be included FOC.
Whether the dealer will do this anyway is indeterminate as some owners have a positive experience but others negative.

Simplest way to cover this is to make a positive request that the Type 2 cable be included as part of your order. If you are smart, you will also be saying you expect it to be included FOC.
Whether the dealer will do this anyway is indeterminate as some owners have a positive experience but others negative.
I guess it's one of them, if there is enough profit in the car, then you may get one thrown in for free.
But working on the theory that you get very little for FREE in this world, then the cost can be hidden somewhere in the deal I guess !.
I bought a type 2 cable for my first ZS EV and had a so called "Gifted One" with the new car.
When I explained I already had a lead, I was told to sell on the lead, as it was factored into the sale of the new car.
So, now I have a spare new Type 2 cable that I am not using ??? 🤷‍♂️ .

Thanks for the replys. Spoke to the dealer and won't be getting a type 2 charger 😒. Oh well I tried but definitely not happening.

Strange they didn't throw anything in not even mats or mud flaps.
I got a protection pack for my MG5.

I guess it's one of them, if there is enough profit in the car, then you may get one thrown in for free.
But working on the theory that you get very little for FREE in this world, then the cost can be hidden somewhere in the deal I guess !.
I bought a type 2 cable for my first ZS EV and had a so called "Gifted One" with the new car.
When I explained I already had a lead, I was told to sell on the lead, as it was factored into the sale of the new car.
So, now I have a spare new Type 2 cable that I am not using ??? 🤷‍♂️ .
I got a cable with my mk1 zs and recently with my new trophy. Sold the original for £80.

I’ve always thought car mats are a quirky one. Spend c£30k and a £100-200 on a cable should be negligible considering it’s somewhat essential.
Simply a case that manufacturers and retailers will know you need one so can add it onto the price?!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom