MG ZS EV “EV Overheat” issue at Dealership

chiefnemesis

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All, first post as I didn’t know where else to discuss this. I was due to get my new MG ZS EV Trophy 73 kWh in monument silver last Thursday. The dealership confirmed the registration of the car. I got a call on Wednesday afternoon that the dealership could no longer honour the delivery as they had run into an issue with no time frame. According to them, they were going to valet the car and it would not turn on with an “EV Overheat” error message. She said they raised a technical case with MG and are waiting for their response so do not have a timeframe. I wanted to know if others have had this issue? The delivery itself is also 6 months late and I am now without a car and not sure what to do!

Last edited:
Sounds like another 12v battery issue to me.
Would that cause an EV Overheat message? I posted this on Facebook and someone replied they had the same and the heater matrix had to be changed. So so so confused and my confusion is being compounded by my disappointment as I was so excited for the delivery.

Might want to ask them whether they checked the voltage after it came off the ship. I believe MG were disconnecting 12v batteries on the ship to stop them going flat, yours could have been missed and has drained on the voyage over here.

Might want to ask them whether they checked the voltage after it came off the ship. I believe MG were disconnecting 12v batteries on the ship to stop them going flat, yours could have been missed and has drained on the voyage over here.
Is that likely to bring up an EV over heat message?

Okay thanks, I’ll get back in touch with them tomorrow and see what they say. Just want mine already! It’s been far too long!
I know, like a lot of other people you have waited far too long for your car already.
But its important that you just let them discover the problem and then hopefully get it sorted before you take delivery !.
It may not feel this way right now, but it is much better that the problem has happened BEFORE you have taken delivery my friend.
The car is still the dealers property until it is registered in your name and that is a GOOD thing.
You also need an a full explanation of what has happened and a full 100% assurance it is now totally rectified, PRIOR to accepting the car.
Hopefully it is a simple fix and you will be collecting the car soon.
Please keep us informed.

I know, like a lot of other people you have waited far too long for your car already.
But its important that you just let them discover the problem and then hopefully get it sorted before you take delivery !.
It may not feel this way right now, but it is much better that the problem has happened BEFORE you have taken delivery my friend.
The car is still the dealers property until it is registered in your name and that is a GOOD thing.
You also need an a full explanation of what has happened and a full 100% assurance it is now totally rectified, PRIOR to accepting the car.
Please keep us informed.
Thank you for this! I will make sure I understand the issue fully and will report back once I have an update. I have waited 6 months, I’m sure I can wait another few weeks! Time to use the buses and trains!

Have you looked at simply purchasing elsewhere? There are regular cancellations knocking about now, e.g. this one I just found within 1 min

And/or 2nd hand, privately or trade? I had joy in buying almost brand new (600 miles) and decent price vs retail + off the forecourt...

Thread 'BRAND NEW MG ZS EV Long Range Trophy (32k, 4k under RRP)'

For Sale - BRAND NEW MG ZS EV Long Range Trophy (32k, 4k under RRP)

Or this!!

Please keep us informed.
Unfortunately my 12v battery fault ( not fully charged on delivery) occurred after the error message came up several times, booked into dealership but had to wait more than a week. The car didn’t wait that long and had to get AA out. The battery is now charged, showing good health etc. Error message still showing, another trip to garage, another 4 days to get go ahead from MG to replace sensor . Have to wait a week to get it booked in ! Yesterday BOTH batteries had low charge message and the car wouldn’t start. While waiting to get through to MG Assist it started! What the heck …. I’ve no confidence that when I go to drive the car that it will even start . Worst part … waited more than a year for delivery!😳

I do think it worthwhile putting a battery charger on the 12v battery now and again. I use one of those that trickle charges and uses different modes to shake the plates electronically and renew them. My 56 Astra was sold after 14 years with the original battery showing its green pip as good as new. In the last 4 years after I retired it was hardly used but charged for a week every 3-4 months. My Passat estate is similarly neglected now and having spotted a similar charger with a 5 amp mode in Aldi I charged that up after 8-9 weeks of no use. The auto stop start now working as never before even though I was only taking it for an MOT and down the tip with 2 m3 of leaf clippings!

The old battery chargers are not fit for the new batteries!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom