• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV 2020 doesnt retain settings from last drive.

Oze

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi ZS EV owners.
I just got mine 2020 version.
I like the drive but there are following questions/observations

1. Can anyone recommend bulb upgrade as lights are not satisfactory. Is LED bulb recommended?
2. I like to drive in eco mode and kers set to 2. But it does not remember this setting next time i drive
3. On auto pilot cruise control when it stops it makes a lot of sound.
4. Lane assist is not great and sometimes moves the steering too much when lightly touched back in line?
5. Can i see battery rather than kms left
6. Is there a schedule charge option in car?

Any thoughts?

LED bulbs are illegal unless original fitment, I have fitted Osram nightbreaker and they make a vast difference and are ok to fit

LED bulbs are illegal unless original fitment, I have fitted Osram nightbreaker and they make a vast difference and are ok to fit
Are they illegal in Australia ?

I can't profess to know, but there are a couple of threads with useful info &/or links:

For the the mk2, the owner manual states:

"Every time the vehicle power system is cycled and the system is set to READY, the energy regeneration level defaults to the Heavy Level."

"Every time the vehicle power system is cycled and the system set to READY, the driving mode defaults to the NORMAL Mode."

So I can't imagine it'd be much different on the mk1...maybe another owner can advise. Also, manuals can be downloaded from MG site owners area - I can't say whether functionality overall is any different for your country, so may be worth looking for a local version if applicable: My MG | MG Motor UK

A channel I always find interesting, plus I believe they're a forum member too!:

Last edited:
I fitted osram nightbreaker halagen bulbs big inprovment on factory fit bulbs. Amazon or eBay about £25 a pair. Led bulbs are illegal in. Uk. Plus don't last long.
Taken from .Gov
From March 22 2021, not all motorcycles and vehicles will fail the MOT test if their halogen headlamp units have been converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs.

Hi ZS EV owners.

1. Can anyone recommend bulb upgrade as lights are not satisfactory. Is LED bulb recommended?
2. I like to drive in eco mode and kers set to 2. But it does not remember this setting next time i drive
4. Lane assist is not great and sometimes moves the steering too much when lightly touched back in line?

Any thoughts?
1. Any HB3/9005 leds should work fine
2. That's the way the car works
3. That sound is the breaking system preparing to work with the forward collision warning system on
4. Mine works great
5. No you can't, unless you use an app and an OBD2 dongle
6. No, car doesn't have that feature, but some EVSE wallboxes can schedule charging

I fitted osram nightbreaker halagen bulbs big inprovment on factory fit bulbs. Amazon or eBay about £25 a pair. Led bulbs are illegal in. Uk. Plus don't last long.
I fitted the Osram and made a massive difference.
1. Any HB3/9005 leds should work fine
2. That's the way the car works
3. That sound is the breaking system preparing to work with the forward collision warning system on
4. Mine works great
5. No you can't, unless you use an app and an OBD2 dongle
6. No, car doesn't have that feature, but some EVSE wallboxes can schedule charging
Fitting LED headlight bulbs to a car for which they were not factory fitted is an automatic MOT failure and therefore illegal in UK and Europe. Use Osram Night Breakers

This is not right you can retrofit hid and led
Headlamps must comply with all other requirements of the test and headlamp aim normally if the hid or led is behind a projector lens it will be legal
Screenshot_20220213_211157_com.android.chrome.jpg

Not sure the rules in Canberra Australia if LED is legal. I might call.
Cause it will be efficient as well

It also doesn’t retain the ISC intelligent speed control.
Basic the speed limiter switches off, when you restart it. And it’s a faf in menu to turn it back on.

Last edited:
Hi ZS EV owners.

Any thoughts?
No discussion seeing as you’ve already bought it.

Hi ZS EV owners.

2) It DOES remember the KERS settings & in my case, always boots into KERS 3. It DOES NOT remember the drive settings and always boots into N. Doesn't bother me - one flick of the switch toward me to move to ECO, then back out of the garage.
and
6) No, I need to use a scheduling app made by the charger company, in my case a Wallbox Pulsar Plus.

Hi ZS EV owners.

Any thoughts?
Ho Oze, congrats on the purchase. These subjests have been covered well below & in previous posts but here's a couple of our videos which cover the globes (not headlights) and battery status via App. Enjoy!

2) It DOES remember the KERS settings & in my case, always boots into KERS 3. It DOES NOT remember the drive settings and always boots into N. Doesn't bother me - one flick of the switch toward me to move to ECO, then back out of the garage.
and
6) No, I need to use a scheduling app made by the charger company, in my case a Wallbox Pulsar Plus.
actually it doesn't remember the KERS setting, it just defaults to 3, if you use 3 all the time then you won't have noticed this :) Also drive mode defaults to Normal, thats all fine with me as that what I normally use Kers 3 in N mode! :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom