MG ZS EV 2022 337km +range

Squeak

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all .. I have owned my new MG ZS EV for 2 weeks now .. here in Oz .. and having a mid range battery pack.. my claimed KM's from the dealer was the car would not get more than 320km's .. but after only using the "granny" charger (15amp / 240 volt) the range increased to 337km's after 5 charges. Also for anyone that is looking at adding a spare tyre .. after reading many forums on the issue .. I managed to get a VW Golf GTi 2017 space saver wheel and wheel bolts .. The tyre & rim size was 125 70 R18. Fits 100 %. The wheel brace I am using is a long impact socket 1/2 drive x 17mm HEX with a 380mm long extension bar. The 17mm socket fits both MG ZS and the bolts off the Golf. The cost of the wheel and bolts $90 !! (AUS). I also added the mud flaps that are sold as an accessory ($35 here) .. and fitted them my self. Be aware .. the instructions states that there are 2 large screws with the 8 screws supplied in the kit .. FALSE .. You have to use the screws already in the panel area of where the mud flap(s) will be placed. PLUS only use a 1/8' or 3.3mm drill bit (and a very compact cordless drill or the drill will not fit between the wheel hub and wheel arch). The 4mm drill stated in the instructions will be too large and the thread of the screws will strip out in the plastic panels.

Hi all .. I have owned my new MG ZS EV for 2 weeks now .. here in Oz .. and having a mid range battery pack.. my claimed KM's from the dealer was the car would not get more than 320km's .. but after only using the "granny" charger (15amp / 240 volt) the range increased to 337km's after 5 charges. Also for anyone that is looking at adding a spare tyre .. after reading many forums on the issue .. I managed to get a VW Golf GTi 2017 space saver wheel and wheel bolts .. The tyre & rim size was 125 70 R18. Fits 100 %. The wheel brace I am using is a long impact socket 1/2 drive x 17mm HEX with a 380mm long extension bar. The 17mm socket fits both MG ZS and the bolts off the Golf. The cost of the wheel and bolts $90 !! (AUS). I also added the mud flaps that are sold as an accessory ($35 here) .. and fitted them my self. Be aware .. the instructions states that there are 2 large screws with the 8 screws supplied in the kit .. FALSE .. You have to use the screws already in the panel area of where the mud flap(s) will be placed. PLUS only use a 1/8' or 3.3mm drill bit (and a very compact cordless drill or the drill will not fit between the wheel hub and wheel arch). The 4mm drill stated in the instructions will be too large and the thread of the screws will strip out in the plastic panels.

You're coming into summer there soon and should expect to see a range increase as the temperature rises. My own mg5 has a wltp range of 214 but in summer I can easily get 220, 230, even up to 250 miles of range. A lot depends on your driving style.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom