MG ZS EV Alarm surprise

Anf800

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We've only had our ZE Trophy SR since last Friday so still getting to grips with it.

The first cold night I was able to use defrost from the app and within a few minutes both windscreens were clear of ice.

Last night I put the car on charge using the granny charger with a scheduled charge during our cheap hours. When I woke up this morning the charge had finished and so I pressed the defrost button on the app . . . and the alarm went off. My neighbours are not impressed.

What have I done wrong? Is it because the charger lead is still connected? The charge finished at 6am, the app was set to heat the battery at 06:30 and this was at about 7am.

Thanks for any help.

Is it possible someone tried to enter the car while it was defrosting they could have assumed it was unlocked seeing the tail lights on
Edit what did the app or text message say ?
Was it definitely the alarm and not just the horn ?

Last edited:
Yeah I did consider if someone had opened the door but it was almost instantaneous after watching the app do its thing for the defrost command. But I checked our camera to be sure and there is no one near the car and nothing opens.

The app message says `Illegal invasion warning' which triggered the alarm. Yes, not just the horn, it was going off for several seconds before I found the key and unlocked the car which stopped it.

I'm certain that no doors were opened, it was the defrost turning on.

Ok then this is a new one to me alarm only actually works off of doors physically opening or try to open poss?

So all your doors open from inside and outside ok?
Some cars have been coming over with faulty locks

Last edited:
Ok then this is a new one to me alarm only actually works off of doors physically opening or try to open poss?

So all your doors open from inside and outside ok?
Some cars have been coming over with faulty locks
They seem to be. I don’t recall having a problem. I know we have had one time when I locked it and the horn sounded which I think indicates a problem locking. But I couldn’t find anything wrong, unlocked then locked again and it was fine.

They seem to be. I don’t recall having a problem. I know we have had one time when I locked it and the horn sounded which I think indicates a problem locking. But I couldn’t find anything wrong, unlocked then locked again and it was fine.
Yeah indicates door\boot not shut at 100%
have you ever had a ready brek glow a round the car? (On the dash)

Yeah I did consider if someone had opened the door but it was almost instantaneous after watching the app do its thing for the defrost command. But I checked our camera to be sure and there is no one near the car and nothing opens.

The app message says `Illegal invasion warning' which triggered the alarm. Yes, not just the horn, it was going off for several seconds before I found the key and unlocked the car which stopped it.

I'm certain that no doors were opened, it was the defrost turning on.
It happened to me last week where I locked the car but the drivers door wasn't fully closed. Had to unlock, open, and close door to stop the alarm. I got a text and email to tell me about an illegal invasion (the car, not Ukraine)

Interesting. I've done the same again this morning with the only difference being it was later on so the battery heating would have finished. No alarm this time. I can only guess that one of the doors wasn't closed properly and the AC has done something to set it off.

Interesting. I've done the same again this morning with the only difference being it was later on so the battery heating would have finished. No alarm this time. I can only guess that one of the doors wasn't closed properly and the AC has done something to set it off.
Straw grab 😁
More data required👍🏻

Definitely. I'm getting used to the app now so I'll be checking the state of the vehicle before each test.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom