MG ZS EV Android Auto . . . Woah! This is new.

Gadget Geek

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Switched on the car this morning and this is what I saw.

Anyone else had this multi window screen? I kinda like it.

I'm wondering if it's connected to the map update I did a couple of days ago or if it's actually an over-the-air update to the infotainment screen.
20230209_111655.jpg

I like it, shame though you can't customise the left hand part of the screen though - youtube music really?
It defaults to what ever you last used for media on your phone. So you've used Youtube Music at some point. If you use Spotify, Google Podcasts are any other media player that's Android Auto compatible it will show up!

If you happen to find yourself playing with the new Android Auto, and ABRP you will find that the Non-Premium Version of ABRP works when the window is not full screen.

For me, it confirmed my Nexas ODB dongle works with ABRP, but also tells me the directions are very quiet (quite possible I can adjust them, but it was only a short journey while I was playing).

Oh and the battery % reads 2% less in ABRP, than it does on the dash, but that's no biggy

Mine never did voice calls even before the update, but it did read out messages, think it still does.
Not used WhatsApp for voice calls in the car.

I miss the ability to say "WhatsApp Mel" & it then trying to transcribe my message & hopefully send it... it now says "I can't find a WhatsApp contact for Mel" ...

If i say "message Mel " I can dictate & send a text using the SMS app...

But I want to use WhatsApp like I used to 😢

I suspect Google has struck again, like yeah it's all "free", but breaking things (in this case another example of munging in connection with non-google apps) seemingly on a "whim du jour" really p's me off 🤬🤬

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom